Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 126

    Thread: Yelcamino 2.0

    1. #21
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Keep plugging! It's going to be a long winter and we need threads to watch.



    2. #22
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Keep plugging! It's going to be a long winter and we need threads to watch.
      I'll do my best!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    3. #23
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good! Can't wait to see it


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Well it's been a while since I updated my thread! Aside from being lazy about it, I broke my thumb and tried to amputate it in the process back in November. It's still healing but I'm back at it so I figured I should share what I've been up to. I'm just going to go through the camera and post what's new in no particular order.

      Even though I don't need it, I couldn't stop myself from getting a Holley mid-ram...



      It looks even better on the engine!



      My big mile stone is completing the trans tunnel. Since I don't have the ability to form sheet metal I built a skeleton and then cut sheet metal and welded it to the skeleton. It was probably more work then necessary but I think it turned out ok and now there's plenty of room for the TKO.







      I also finished modifying the rear lower control arm mounts to clear the headers.
      Here you can see where I cut the back off on the driver side...



      and here it is all welded up with a couple of additional gussets fore and aft.



      There was enough room on the passenger side but I decided to make a little more.





      Since I'm going from a mechanical clutch linkage to a hydraulic, I filled in the hole on the steering column mount plate.





      I added an Improved Racing oil cooler thermostat. Very nice quality product.



      Test fit the PRC radiator, which includes a built in engine oil cooler...



      On Friday I took my wheels to Forgeline for a facelift and a new set of tires. They should be done in about two looooong weeks!

      I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but this should bring you up to date for the most part.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    5. #25
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Mapleton, IL.
      Posts
      252
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice job on the transmission tunnel. I never saw it done that way. That was the hardest part for me as well.

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      814
      Country Flag: United States
      Great progress!!

      Any hints on the wheel updates??
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

      LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 64G-lark View Post
      Nice job on the transmission tunnel. I never saw it done that way. That was the hardest part for me as well.
      Thanks! I wasn't sure how to get what I wanted with my limited sheet metal skills. After finding inspiration online, I got to it and now it's done!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    8. #28
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
      Great progress!!

      Any hints on the wheel updates??
      Nothing dramatic... just a color change, wider fronts, and new tires.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    9. #29
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      I got a little creative over the weekend...









      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    10. #30
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Herb... When I grow up, I want to be just like you!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      All I know is that I need some dimple dies! Those pieces look sick!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Herb... When I grow up, I want to be just like you!
      lol, I'll take that as a compliment.

      Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      All I know is that I need some dimple dies! Those pieces look sick!
      I like dimple dies. Now that I've used them on a few things, I notice I'm looking at other things thinking hmm... maybe I should dimple that!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    13. #33
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Morehead City N.C.
      Posts
      8
      Country Flag: United States
      I just started following this one, looks great so far.

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      Heber City Utah
      Posts
      167
      Country Flag: United States
      Great looking build !!

    15. #35
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep66 View Post
      I just started following this one, looks great so far.
      Quote Originally Posted by MOREHORSEPOWER View Post
      Great looking build !!
      Thanks!

      To get the weekend started I finished the harness bar. Now I just need to get it powder coated.

      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    16. #36
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good, one hand wizard!

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Looking good, one hand wizard!
      Lol, thanks!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    18. #38
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Not much to report from over the weekend other than a radiator cover I made. I had a piece of scrap aluminum taking up space and the next thing I know, I'm bending it and drilling holes and before I knew it, voila!



      After I took this pic, I drilled it for four 1/4-20 bolts and installed nutserts in the core support. It will be powder coated satin black (the rad has since been painted black).
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    19. #39
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Mena, AR
      Posts
      287
      Country Flag: United States
      I like how you did your harness bar. I was thinking of going under the package shelf in my 67. But after looking at yours it is giving me ideas!! Thanks, chris


      Chris
      1967 ElCamino
      2004 Chevy SSR (my sons)
      1951 Chevy pickup(my sons)

      1967 Elky https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...587-Evil-Angel

      1951 truck https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...3-year-old-son

    20. #40
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Morehead City N.C.
      Posts
      8
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks awesome Herb. I had a local guy who I believe is a friend of yours named Mike Holleman who told me about the site. I got a lot of inspiration from your C10 build and will be starting a thread soon on my 66 C10 build.

    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com