Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 533

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      A couple days ago I had some time so I wanted to make sure the cog drive power steering pulley and Mast Motorsports oil pan would clear my subframe. Both of which fit easily with plenty of extra clearance, and the process of putting the block in and taking it out took about 10 minutes, I sure am loving the simplicity of the LS motor in comparison to all of the Japanese imports I've worked on in the past!






      The engine has now been put into the shop for:-
      -full inspection
      -milling cylinder heads .020"-.030"
      -Melling oil pump
      -LS3 front timing cover
      -hardened push rods
      -texas speed .660" double valve springs
      -titanium retainers
      -LS7 lifters
      -280cc head porting
      -Comp trunnion upgrade
      -some other minor things like ARP bolts, spark plugs, thermostat, general service parts
      -and finally a Phoenix cam; It's a popular cam from PCM and at 231/246 it makes great power without sacrificing too much street ability,

      they frequently break 500hp at the rear wheels on 5th gens with this above setup and basic bolt-ons which is perfect for build and comes at a great price!
      I'll be overseas for the next 6 weeks so little progress will be made on my car but at least I'll have a sealed and rebuilt engine waiting for me when I get back.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com