Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 533

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Alright NiCopp update! finished up my brake lines this afternoon. I'm pretty happy with the end result considering I've never done this before, feel free to critique what you see.
      I tried to keep it pretty similarly routed to the speedtech brake lines with the exception of the right and left front brake lines being separated. Gutter guard in all necessary places and even polished up the visible lines.







      Now for the next challenge, to attempt custom door panels.







    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      435
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post


      Now for the next challenge, to attempt custom door panels.



      At first I thought that was 3/4" MDF, but the more I look at it, it looks like foam. Looking forward to the outcome.

      Jay

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      It's actually 1" Fibre Glast.. which is something I had never heard of, but its basically shaping foam, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing but taking it slow and researching as much as I can.

      Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      At first I thought that was 3/4" MDF, but the more I look at it, it looks like foam. Looking forward to the outcome.

      Jay

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      175
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      hi,what make booster are you running and is it mounted straigth onto the firewall without the gm angled stand off?regards

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Gmc427 View Post
      hi,what make booster are you running and is it mounted straigth onto the firewall without the gm angled stand off?regards
      Currently it's mounted straight onto the firewall, however it's an aftermarket laser cut wall, it doesn't resemble the stock setup and I'll probably run Clayton pedals, hoping I can keep it this way. the Booster is from MP brakes.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      Alright NiCopp update! finished up my brake lines this afternoon. I'm pretty happy with the end result considering I've never done this before, feel free to critique what you see.
      I tried to keep it pretty similarly routed to the speedtech brake lines with the exception of the right and left front brake lines being separated. Gutter guard in all necessary places and even polished up the visible lines.







      Now for the next challenge, to attempt custom door panels.




      Question , i have the same subfram and i am wondering how did you install the brake line clips? Did you drill and tap the holes? Thank you
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Sinnister69 View Post
      Question , i have the same subfram and i am wondering how did you install the brake line clips? Did you drill and tap the holes? Thank you
      The two stainless clips on the crossmember are drilled and tapped, they're the only ones. but the pass-through sections are holes already provided on the subframe, since I'm using 5th gen brakes, I purchased Russell stainless brake lines off the shelf, then the AN fittings you see attach to those and are held to the frame with horse-shoe clips or whatever they're called.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      667
      Country Flag: United States
      Never been a Camaro guy but I absolutely love your build...just read through all 16 pages!! Keep the updates coming!

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY53 View Post
      Never been a Camaro guy but I absolutely love your build...just read through all 16 pages!! Keep the updates coming!
      Thanks a lot, I'm glad the car is received so well, no-one is more excited to see it finished than me, however updates are now on hold...

      A couple of weeks ago I reinstalled the interior, cleaned up the garage and made a small shelter for the car. The only purpose of it was to prevent the garage door dripping on the primer while I'm out of the country.




      SO... that is all for 2019...

      for now the wife and I have flown to Queensland, bought a jeep, driven it as far south as we possibly can, caught a ferry across the Bass Strait and am residing in Launceston Tasmania as I undertake my masters degree to progress my career, a move that will surely allow for more projects in the future..




    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      667
      Country Flag: United States
      Oh wow, that's very cool. What field of study is your Masters degree in? I'm quite jealous of your travels....my wife and I spend time in Australia and New Zealand back in 2016...I've been itching to get back ever since.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY53 View Post
      Oh wow, that's very cool. What field of study is your Masters degree in? I'm quite jealous of your travels....my wife and I spend time in Australia and New Zealand back in 2016...I've been itching to get back ever since.
      I'm in Seafaring, I operate a dredging vessel for a Belgium company. The best part of studying for my masters is that I literally mean it, I will be qualified as Master of all ships, 500ton and up. so it's an opportunity I couldn't pass up to come down here for the year.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      175
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      very cool jim,gets pretty cold down there in tassie,bit different to Noosa!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com