Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast
    Results 161 to 180 of 533
    1. #161
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Olathe, KS
      Posts
      1,158
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Did you have any problems using the late model steering wheel assembly?
      It appears he may be using the 5th gen column, not just the wheel itself. Not sure how difficult the 5th gen is, however I shortened a 4th gen column and fit it to the stock '68 dash with very few modifications.

    2. #162
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Man, the dash and steering turned out very nice! Did you have any problems using the late model steering wheel assembly?
      It's true, I am running the whole 5th gen steering column, it was an easy fit, but electronically getting everything to work probably won't be, I will be removing all steering wheel buttons and really the main deciding point will be when I get the engine and headers in there.
      It may result in using an IDIDIT column and heavy modifying the dash with fibreglass etc, I'm prepared to do so if that's what it takes but for now it all looks neat and fitting.

    3. #163
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      the 'intake' of the stinger hood has been a constant battle. The press of these aftermarket hoods is nowhere near as good as the originals that came on the corvette and then a few optioned first gens, but I think it is very close now.
      I will design and then 3D print(probably several ) a closeout of sorts that can be slotted in from underneath, if it works out like it does in my head, it should give it more of a modern look. It will appear like ram air, but will work like a cowl.

    4. #164
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      803
      Country Flag: United States
      That Hood looks awesome! great job!
      Pat

    5. #165
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Not too many updates since the car has been epoxied as I've been in Singapore for weeks. But I did ask that for the rear bumper to be tucked now, we'll hold off on the front bumper because i'm still undecided on the front valance.
      I will be getting started on custom door panels and the interior next week once the car finally comes home for a while.




    6. #166
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Fits nice! Looking good.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    7. #167
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      Looks awesome man!!
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

    8. #168
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      Bumper looks great. Very nice quality metal finish too!


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    9. #169
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      This post doesn't include any upgrades to the car, but for me, this is the most exciting in a long time, for the first time in 2 years owning the car, it is finally in my garage! and although it has a TON more work involved to finish it, I can finally stop paying bills and get started on my many plans for the car.






    10. #170
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice! OH what a feeling!!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    11. #171
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Cedar Rapids, IA
      Posts
      999
      Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      Not too many updates since the car has been epoxied as I've been in Singapore for weeks. But I did ask that for the rear bumper to be tucked now, we'll hold off on the front bumper because i'm still undecided on the front valance.
      I will be getting started on custom door panels and the interior next week once the car finally comes home for a while.



      So that how you shave the bolts on a bumper. Thanks for posting that.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

    12. #172
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      Always a good feeling to have the car home again.


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    13. #173
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Jonesboro, Arkansas
      Posts
      2,506
      Country Flag: United States
      I know your happy! Wait until you drive it...

      Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

    14. #174
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Posts
      16
      Wow looking real sharp!

    15. #175
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      Nice!! That back bumper turned out great! I'm sure mine is going to look like it's sticking out by about a half mile now that I've seen this.

      Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

    16. #176
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Posts
      16
      Quote Originally Posted by 67SSDan View Post
      Nice!! That back bumper turned out great! I'm sure mine is going to look like it's sticking out by about a half mile now that I've seen this.

      Dan
      Hahahaha I was thinking the same thing!

    17. #177
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for all the kind words fellas, And I don't plan to update daily now that the car is home, but I did get started on some assembly today, I put my grill in, along with the headlight surround, and boy do the surrounds fit poorly for new pieces, nothings ever easy.
      The Trim parts carpet also made its debut, also fitting poorly but thats to be expected with mini tubs and such an oversized trans tunnel, the color is a little off from what I was hoping for but I think it'll work.


    18. #178
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      First let me apologise for the terrible iPhone pictures!
      I've made some headway on the car this week, and now thats it's home I couldn't be happier to be diving into new projects on it. I continued with the interior, purchased the body plugs and drains and got those squared away. I also go extremely carried away with the seam sealer..





      The carpet turned out just as difficult as expected, I was never sure if moulded carpet would work considering the massive changes we made to the trans tunnel and the seat mods, but I purchased some high density foam in hopes to raise the carpet a little, I believe it helps, and after several attempts I gave up, had a fit, then after several beers and a bad night sleep I returned and cut the carpet straight down the middle. it helped, but I'm still not satisfied. I am considering purchasing 1 piece carpet and requesting it to be a little longer towards the rear, as It is mostly fitting now, but the problems lie behind the center console.







      Another small project was deleting the buttons on the steering wheel, I am not 100% convinced I will use the wheel, but nonetheless, I didn't want the buttons so they were filled and painted in a white primer.


      And now one of the biggest challenges, making door panels, this is a process I've never done but it really interests me, the amount of research I've done on the topic is mind boggling. but I'm enjoying every step. I had planned on making them from scratch so I purchased ABS sheets, but many months ago I purchased 2012 camaro door panels, mostly because I wanted to use a couple pieces off of them.
      Well after a lot of planning and measuring it became clear the hardest part is integrating the door panels into the dash, so I've now begun cutting up the door panels to see how I can get all of the lines to flow from 2012 to 1968, and so far, it is kind of working...






      stay tuned for more, like most steps, I don't know if this will work, but it's enjoyable nonetheless


    19. #179
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      That looks nice! good job.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    20. #180
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      thanks to photobucket adjusting their terms, my thread is in shambles, but I've tried to fix it as best I could using IMGUR, the timeline of certain photos earlier in the thread is a little messy but it still makes sense, sort of.
      Doing all this was kind of like reliving headaches from the past, but excites me to see where my car is today.
      Time for an engine.


    Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com