Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 533

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonomad View Post
      Yes it is wider if you take the tunnel from 5th gen floor up. we split the difference, and only took the top of the tunnel. it only widened the tunnel up high, which would be needed anyway for most t56-6l80 installs anyway. That would have left a first gen seat sitting in the original position. We however are using 5th gen seats which are way wider than stock. its also critical with later model seats to get it mounted low enough to keep your head off the ceiling. Not to hijack your thread James, but here are a few in progress pics that show where the tunnel cut line was, with the upper corner braces removed.
      Name:  5-1.jpg
Views: 4263
Size:  118.4 KB
      Name:  5-2.jpg
Views: 4138
Size:  141.4 KB
      Damn, That's awesome, thanks for the pictures, I'll be running the 5th gen seats and 6L80 box also so i know i will need it wider and higher towards the front, but for the rest of it, I have been hoping to find a way to narrow it a bit, Mostly for carpeting issues and appearance. I like what You've done. I unfortunately won't be able to take a good look at this until i get back from work in a few weeks.
      So from your pictures it looks like the upper corners are seperate panels spot welded on? is this true?
      I figure the only mounting holes required up front are the 2 for the dash.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com