Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 533

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      175
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      It has been a busy couple of months with non-car related endeavors, however I found a few chances to spin a bolt and start new projects. Like many projects I've done before, I have started new ones, still unsure whether the end result will survive the cut in the final product of the build.

      I have been trying to decide what to do in the trunk for some time, and functionality is quite important. I decided to spend a day with MDF and see if I could come up with a layout that I like that doesn't sap too much space. It's incomplete but I decided to keep the battery fully accessible and maintain all space to the rear seat for luggage, or golf clubs or something. The big question will be how heavy it is once complete, and even though this is not going to be a track car, I don't need to be adding too much unnecessary weight




      This thought process then lead to the next project, and although I have never had a subwoofer in any car, and I usually dislike them in any performance car, I stumbled across these powered subs designed for trucks/under-seat installation and the reviews were really good for this Alpine unit. The plan right now is to mount it underneath the parcel shelf IF I can find a suitable way to mount it that will stay secure. Overall it should provide a great mid-low range for the audio without taking up any space and only adding a little bit of weight.

      To be mounted underneath this location.


      I've been researching clutches for what feels like an eternity. There's recommendations for almost all of them, and bad reviews for all of them. It can be a frustrating topic. Last month I stumbled across an LS7 clutch going cheap on eBay, I made a bid and won it by surprise for a good price, so for now, the clutch headache is temporarily over unless I have any immediate issues with this one. I expect to be right on the limit of the LS7 clutches capabilities but at this point it gets me one step closer to completion.



      ls7 clutch stepped or flat flywheel?





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com