Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 121 to 140 of 533

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      alright, so a couple of months ago when we assembled the front end of my car and got the wheels on and all the steering sorted, It was pretty obvious the combination of suspension, hubs, brakes, spindles was not optimal.
      I ended up running a speedtech subframe, but rather than using their ATS spindle, I used ridetech drop spindles, with wilwood hubs and LSX concepts big brake brackets to fit the 5th gen Brembos.
      Although these parts all fit together nicely, they widened my track substantially, to the point my front wheels couldn't clear the outer guards at all.
      I was at the point of ordering new wheels, tyres and even disc rotors, to bring it all in an entire inch...
      luckily, I did some research on wilwood's website(called originally but they're not much help) and found they made the same hubs but with an inch less offset for a newer generation Camaro. we scrapped the LSX concepts bracket, Ambition Road made a new one and I now have the problem all but sorted...And I have a bunch of nice parts to sell.




      So this leaves the suspension, brakes and wheels marked at 90% complete.
      The body is not far behind, the car is gapped entirely, all panels assembled, only thing remaining is to finish the Hood intake and the lower valance, both of which we have decided to hold off on until I can decided what I want done with them.
      I'd really appreciate opinions regarding the stinger hood, I like it, but I'm not sure I love it.
      Lower valance is in the similar vote, I think I could come up with something better..




      Starting this week or next, installing the 5th gen trans tunnel!





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com