Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 441 to 460 of 533

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      As previously mentioned, I wanted Aaron at Ambition road to take a look over my car and finalise a bunch of things that weren't 100% and that I was losing sleep on. I really wanted his expertise to take care of certain things before we got the car painted so that final assembly can go relatively smoothly.

      Brake lines are all but complete and soon to be bled. I'd previously made Nicopp lines but Aaron likes to maintain his DSE standards so he re-bent them in stainless, I'm always surprised how quickly he can get it done, and wow they're tight.
      I had also purchased the larger proportioning valve but it is apparently not necessary for this application and can over-complicate the lines, Again, following DSE standards we used the smaller unit and hid it underneath the floor.
      While there I also had him finalise the E-brake lines.





      Another task was finalising the pedals and steering column.
      I wanted the pedals to match those of the 5th gen, this involved installing some new backing plates on all the pedals and fitting the pedal covers. A small DBW pedal bracket was also fabricated to fit the 5th gen gas pedal to Ambition roads flat firewall.Finally the dash was trimmed for better ergonomics and more leg room for my gangly long legs.
      The steering column was a concern for a very long time, we looked at using the 5th gen column but in the end, the pros and cons lent in the direction of IDIDIT, where it's issues were simply cosmetic, whereas the modern column issues were electrical as well as the awkward fitment with the original pedals and steering location.

      I have a billet steering wheel, it may get used temporarily, I may also look at modifying the 5th gen wheel and if all else fails, I may have to cough up the dollars for a Sparc wheel. options are open.













    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com