Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 421 to 440 of 533

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooth67 View Post
      Let me start by saying great project!! Love all the mods and the knowledge sharing (like the rear bumper mod, etc) is very cool of you to do! One question I wanted to ask was when you did the custom mesh for your grill does it sit on the very back of your grill or does it actually sit inside of the shell itself? I’m assuming you use some sort of epoxy to attach it with? I’ve been knocking around the same idea for my 67, but my first attempt it’s going to be trying to use the factory grill and just add a piece. If I can’t do that then I will probably look at some mesh material similar to what you used.
      Thanks for the kind words. I never considered what I was doing as knowledge sharing ha, The beauty of old cars is they can be done several ways and all I've tried to do is show what I did. If you've read the whole way through you'll even see the mistakes I made, the changes I made, what worked and what didn't.
      As for the grille, I mounted the mesh behind the grill and yes, used an epoxy(or something similar, I don't quite remember now, maybe plastic welding) to do so, saying that, it seems weak. when I finally dig around to pull it out of storage for final install, I actually planned to lay a thin strip of fibreglass or similar to strengthen it.



      Now for yours, I don't quite know how you'll mount the original mesh but I'm sure you can make it happen. one piece of advice I never mentioned previously, is to mount it on the car BEFORE mounting the mesh, just to ensure you're not distorting the opening or anything like that, I believe I got lucky with mine but could see it being a big problem for others. I hope that makes sense.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com