Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast
    Results 241 to 260 of 533

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
      Is the purpose of the black valvecover-mounted bent plates just to conceal the coil plug wiring? Or any other specific reason? Just curious. Looks so clean!!
      That is the proform coil bracket, if you look at a picture below once the engine is further assembled, the coils now sit perfectly horizontal rather than angled. For now I will run it like that, but in the future I may consider hiding the coils on the subframe.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post

      see here

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      It looks good!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Since I had no use in leaving the engine in the middle of the garage I decided to drop it in place, It can stay there until I come across a clutch and transmission. It fits like a glove and looks real nice, will look even better with a satin silver engine bay.





    4. #4
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Maryville, TN
      Posts
      844
      Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      Nice man!!! That cog drive looks tough for sure. I dig it
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

      - 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow, that motor looks fantastic in there! Love that cog drive.


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      The coged belt make it look rugged!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      A quick time-lapse I made throwing all the fun parts on my block.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      I have begged the car gods for forgiveness and I have promised to devote more time(and money) to my build starting....late June...

      I had to put it on the back burner for a brief period but I am now finally married! so until our bank accounts are linked I will pump out as much on my car as I can ha!

      I can't physically work on it right now due to work, followed by a month long trip home to Australia in late may, however I can do what I do best...Buy parts online!

      I am currently researching, researching, researching everything for my electrical system, from trunk mounted battery and the protection required for it(this forum is awesome) to the engine harness and body wiring. for the ECM I plan to keep it simple, most likely a PSI harness and remapped E38 computer, as advised by the shop who'll be doing the tuning. I aim to have all of these soon as we will finalize the firewall at ambition road starting in July. I aim to have this thing paint ready by the end of the year at the very latest.

      I was considering relocating the coil packs down to the subframe (I still might at a later date) but for now, and since I had the proform mounts, I will keep them on top of the valve covers for simplicity, functionality and most importantly to move on to the next department needing attention.



      If anyone has experience with aftermarket pedals on custom firewalls I'm all ears, my aim was to keep it all wilwood but I'm open to others.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      721
      Great build. How did you fill in all the holes in the inner wheel wells and the radiator support. In the pics it looks like you just bondo over them. Did you weld them in or use something else?

      Also for the pedals, if you want a budget friendly solution that looks custom go with stock Camaro pedals and buy zl1 pads along with zl1 gas peddle. PSI can make the harness to accept the zl1 pedal and programming pcm as well. It’s what I did. You will have to trim the pedal pads slightly but I’m sure you will figure it. Very easy. Here’s how it looks:
      Name:  0F4DC80E-F81C-4D60-8342-AE79226E4FD1.jpg
Views: 1887
Size:  197.4 KB

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Great build. How did you fill in all the holes in the inner wheel wells and the radiator support. In the pics it looks like you just bondo over them. Did you weld them in or use something else?

      Also for the pedals, if you want a budget friendly solution that looks custom go with stock Camaro pedals and buy zl1 pads along with zl1 gas peddle. PSI can make the harness to accept the zl1 pedal and programming pcm as well. It’s what I did. You will have to trim the pedal pads slightly but I’m sure you will figure it. Very easy. Here’s how it looks:
      Awesome advice, I actually have that same Accelerator pedal and was hoping to use it with a PSI harness so this info helps. Is it the "Camaro/corvette" peddle option on their site or is it something that needs to be called up to be changed? I was about to drop the hammer on it.

      The wheel wells and rad support were entirely welded up, so far there isn't a drop of filler in the whole car, just epoxied sheet metal

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      721
      You would have to call PSI and tell them you will be using the ZL1 pedal. You also have to let your tuner or whoever programs ecu to program for your zl1 pedal. I also had to fab a bracket to bolt the gas pedal to so its further from the firewall. Here’s what it looks like.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/attachme...3&d=1518814897

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      fantastic, great help, my pedal is an auto SS model but looks identical to yours, I'll run it all by PSI.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Well I'm finally getting stuck back into the car, I feel like I have a dozen jobs all stuck at 90% so I'm trying to stop putting them off. I received my PSI harness and spent some time re-trimming it and cleaning it up, it's a 5 minute install and is hidden enough for my liking now.

      I also picked up some ignition leads and installed a new steam vent kit so the majority of the engine is...90% complete..





      I picked up some Trucklites and am busy with my trunk mounted battery system but no pictures just yet, so stay tuned.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      I love the accessory drive
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      St. George, UT
      Posts
      1,144
      Country Flag: United States
      Lookin' Good! That drive is pretty wicked.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Got stuck back into the car, finally decided on mirrors I'm happy with(4th time lucky).



      Trucklites are in, and in an attempt to get the grill and headlight trim to fit I picked up some original trim, they helped a lot on the drivers side but my reproduction piece fit better on the passenger side, they're still not perfect but probably as tight as I'll get without re-working sheetmetal



      And a big step about to begin...body work..


    17. #17
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Well the car looks like a boy-racers wet dream with all of the stripes and the garage has never been dustier, but body work is well underway. I installed all of the weatherstrips prior to doing so and now the doors and trunk sit higher than I'd hoped, I'm told the seals should settle a little but I'm still waiting to get started on those lines....

      Any advice on settling seals, I'm all ears.

      My Anvil spoiler also arrived, I kept it fiberglass so it will also be body worked for a tight fit, the notched spoiler should suit my build well.



    18. #18
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,865
      Country Flag: United States
      What brand weatherstrip did you use? Metro are the best I have come across. Soffseal are the worst, very firm in my experience.

      Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      What brand weatherstrip did you use? Metro are the best I have come across. Soffseal are the worst, very firm in my experience.

      Don
      S%$T, I have SoffSeal...
      I'll take a look at Metro asap, thanks Don

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Mountain Springs, Texas
      Posts
      4,865
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      S%$T, I have SoffSeal...
      I'll take a look at Metro asap, thanks Don
      They may have improved but this has always been the case in my experience. I just installed owner supplied Soffseal on a 57 Nomad and they sucked.

      Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

    Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com