Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 201 to 220 of 533

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      Some nice deliveries arrived this week. I've been going back and forth on my engine decision for a while, couldn't decide which of the crate LS3's would suit me best, I was leaning towards the 430 and then planning to have a local builder upgrade it with my desired parts, but a very low mile dropout L99 popped up and basically I couldn't turn it down. I was always hesitant of putting a used motor in my car, but I'm trying to step back down to reality rather than continue to be sucked into the trends of top end builds that the internet keeps putting in my face. The savings I made on the dropout will allow a full rebuild at PCM of NC. They're a very reputable builder in Mooresville NC who specialize in 5th gens, backed up for months apparently, but my engine will head there in a few days. They're very confident of 500 RWHP without touching the bottom end, which is perfect for my build.






      So my next big hesitation is something I've been considering for about 6 months, a friend of mine had this black mountain precision cog drive front accessory kit sitting in his garage, my speculation is huge since it's an incredibly rare unit with very little feedback online. However, He has given it to me to mock up(for getting him into SEMA) we'll set it up on my engine, It should clear my subframe, and then I'll decide if I want to purchase it from him.
      He has a 64 C10 and thought it would stand out too much in his enormous engine bay, I think it will be a little more subtle in a first gen.
      I like the quality of the kit and the fact that it's different, but It's a little old school, which is why I'll just wait to see it in the bay sandwiched between the radiator and engine and probably hidden by intake piping.
      Unfortunately It won't fit until we replace the L99 front plate to the LS3.








    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com