Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 8 of 8

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Las Vegas, NV
      Posts
      21
      Country Flag: United States

      Reckless Regal Phase 1 - The Shop

      I've modified many cars over the years both for myself and my friends, and due to renting and always having to be mobile I never really could settle in. I found myself with a crappy work environment using a $300 Craftsman toolbox which really limited my abilities. So after we purchased a home and my wife started bugging me to get another toy, I told her we are going to do this one the right way.

      This is what I started off with. It's your standard 2 car garage, about 450 sq feet. It's dirty, there's clutter everywhere, and I hated it. I realize it's not massive but it's perfect for a 1 car operation and we live in the 'burbs so it's really all you can get. The garage was only a few years old here so to say it's lacking would be an understatement.




      The first phase was to take advantage of the space above the door. I'll need the space for storage of various things during the garage remodel, storage of car parts later, and my wife has a stash of stuff in our closet that's going up here also.




      Next up was the lighting. I knew I'd be working out here so I optioned the house with florescent lights overhead when we built it, but they were on a separate switch. When I opened the door coming home at night all I got was a lame 55w bulb. So, I replaced the garage door switch with a home-link enabled switch with motion detector, and the light for the florescent with a home-link switch. Now any time you walk in the garage or the garage door moves the florescents kick on and you have plenty of light. As a bonus, I can control the garage door and lights from my phone now.








    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com