Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      463
      Quote Originally Posted by arcane73 View Post
      Moved to the rear and started roughing in the fuel line. I have the short piece from the pump to the bulkhead finished and I've got the run forward laid in where I want it to live. I'm running it along the pinch weld on the passenger side and will need another 90* bulkhead to go from the inner fender to the engine. I'll likely put in another order of parts sometime next week.




      Could you show more of your battery wiring? I'm thinking of also moving the battery to the trunk and I'd like to see what you did here. Did you relocate the solenoid to the trunk and extend the wires? I see two fat red cable running forward. Assume one is the charge wire from the alternator (3g?) and the other runs to the starter, is this right?
      chunger

      '68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      Could you show more of your battery wiring? I'm thinking of also moving the battery to the trunk and I'd like to see what you did here. Did you relocate the solenoid to the trunk and extend the wires? I see two fat red cable running forward. Assume one is the charge wire from the alternator (3g?) and the other runs to the starter, is this right?
      Sure thing. I'll take some more pics in the morning and post them here. But you're mostly correct, I did 2/0ga from battery to solenoid and solenoid to starter and then a separate 2ga fused from battery to bulkhead on the firewall for power to everything else.
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chunger View Post
      Could you show more of your battery wiring? I'm thinking of also moving the battery to the trunk and I'd like to see what you did here. Did you relocate the solenoid to the trunk and extend the wires? I see two fat red cable running forward. Assume one is the charge wire from the alternator (3g?) and the other runs to the starter, is this right?
      Ok. Battery location and #1 goes to starter via a bulkhead on the passenger side of the firewall. #2 is the fused feed to the main power to the engine compartment and interior. the ground cable is attached to a weld-in stud on the trunk floor to the right of the battery. The loomed wires coming out of the quarter and sitting along the bottom of the battery are the efi feeds.

      Name:  IMG_0042.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  340.8 KB

      Here you can see the 2ga wire leaving the fuse and it runs up the driver's side rocker to a bulkhead just above the master cylinder. I'm actually in the process now of running the extended starter solenoid wire. It ran down the passenger rocker and will be zip tied to the 2ga primary wire that is held in with clamps to the bottom of the package tray.

      Name:  IMG_0043.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  245.4 KB

      I've circled the 'starter' bulkhead. The 2/0 starter cable and the dedicated + and - feed for the efi run along the rocker channel in the bottom of the pic.

      Name:  IMG_0044.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  366.0 KB

      Here's a rough idea of how the alt wire will be ran. The bulkhead is circled on the firewall. That will be my primary feed for the alternator and anything else in the engine bay that needs 12v constant. I'll measure and put proper terminals on the wire once I get closer to cleaning up all of the other wiring.

      Name:  IMG_0045.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  516.9 KB
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com