Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Since getting the car back home and taking some time off to relax a little, I decided to start looking at my engine and trans measurements. I knew using the Ron Morris adjustable mounts would mean that some fine-tuning would be required.

      I put the car up on my ramps and picked some points to hang plumb bobs on to get an idea of where everything was. I have the engine shifted to the passenger side just a bit to make room for the header/borgeson steering box spacing. I just need to make sure that I match that spacing on the trans so the whole thing isn't sitting in the car at a weird angle.

      After looking at everything, I'll need to make some adjustments. I think I will need to trim a bit of the factory shifter opening (no pic yet) to give me the clearance I like once I get ready to do a final-tighten on everything. I got it all hung and started to do the math when the UPS guy showed up with my huge box of maintenance stuff for my daily. I have over 200k on my mazda beater, so I decided to do a whole lot of much-needed love. That will probably eat up a couple of weekends at least since I have already ran into one broken bolt in the lower control arm/subframe attachment point.


      Either way: some quick pics of the mustang and floor doodles and a dirty mazda underpinnings shot.











      not mustang related:







      On a side note - i really need to get rid of the old drivetrain from the mustang. I'm getting tired of having to work around it.
      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      Just a brief update for today. Work on the car is progressing slowly. The workload at the day job has ramped up again since people are coming back to the office. I've been trying to stay motivated and do stuff on the weekends but I've been wiped out lately. I did finally manage to get the engine and transmission aligned like i wanted and spent last weekend getting the floors zipped in. I still need to do some fine tuning and clean up before i move on to something else.


      I placed an order that should make my life a little easier. I'll have more on that in a couple of weeks.


      I haven't been taking any pics since not much is going on. But here's the latest.


      This is what i ended up doing to the crossmember to give myself room for the 6 speed. I'll go in and weld up the edges to clean and finish it up when I am under the car finishing up the subframe connectors.





      Here's where I stopped for the day this weekend. Once I get under the car to finish the subframe connector install, I'll clean everything up and move on to getting the floors prepped for lizardskin.


      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com