Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 153

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      162
      Country Flag: United States
      So, the 3-day thrash at my friend's shop is complete. There was a lot of activity and I didn't get a lot of pics of the work during.

      Here's where it stands:

      Zray crossmember in - removed front half of jack pad to allow room for the low oil pan.

      Driver side header was painfully close to the steering box. Shifted engine to the right and dimpled header. (that hurt to do, but I'm ok with it.)

      There is clearance now, but it was a tight fit. I was expecting that to be the case anyway.

      Everything is as low as i can get it. The T56 required use of the convincing hammer on the floor bracing to give it some room and I still need to work a little more on that.

      I ended up having to open the shifter hole a bit. About an inch to passenger and minor trimming to the front.


      Next is getting everything settled at the home garage. I threw everything inside the car to bring it home. Once I got home, I threw everything....well, everywhere....to get it unloaded.

      I need to roll it outside this weekend and vacuum and hose it down so i can work in a poop-free environment. It seems that furry critters even like to hang out in an empty shell if they're given the chance.


      Once all of that is done, I can start making progress on wiring, plumbing and whatever else I can handle from home. Once Mike has his chevelle painted and has some time, I'll likely get the exhaust finished up and work towards buttoning this thing up to start making noise with it. It seems like there's a lot to do still because there is. But I am going to try and stick to small things to keep from being overwhelmed.


      Pic of the fit of the T56





      It still needs some bump-love up top.







      On the trailer and headed home.


      Kris - Building the poor man's '68 Mustang.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com