Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 130
    1. #61
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Burlington KY
      Posts
      357
      Country Flag: United States
      and i thought i was unique in pondering sinking the taillights into the rear panel....should look cool
      i once thought of putting some 69 firebird tails in my car- then chip foose did it...i should really work faster.

      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"


    2. #62
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Chapel Hill, NC
      Posts
      337
      Country Flag: United States
      This thread is making me think twice about limiting my project search to a fastback. Great looking mods you're doing.
      Dan
      Chapel Hill, NC
      ***PM me if you're close by and can help with my 65 Mustang Fastback project***

    3. #63
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      I epoxy primed the body



      Block sanded and a little more bodywork





      One coat of SPI epoxy primer



      Two coats of SPI Turbo primer







      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    4. #64
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      We took the body off the rotisserie and mounted it on a cart so I could finish the taillight panel and rear valance. I block sanded one more time



      Epoxy primed



      We want to test fit everything before paint. Starting installing the Rod & Custom suspension



      Back on the ground



      Getting ready to install the 347 engine and TKO transmission. Those hoses got to go.



      Engine and trans installed







      Ididit steering column with a Billet Specialties wheel



      A few more photos





      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Removing shock towers sure makes life easier.

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Brian has the sheetmetal lined up.



      Test fitting the new Stang-Aholics front valance





      The gas filler will have to be moved down a little because the cap hits the deck lid.

      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    7. #67
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Apex, NC
      Posts
      1,020
      Country Flag: United States

    8. #68
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      I have been busy working in the shop and I need to update

      I block sanded the fiberglass hood



      Sprayed one coat of SPI black epoxy



      Two Coats of SPI Turbo primer



      Block sanded again



      Two coats of SPI epoxy



      The fiberglass bumper did not fit our car. The center section did not line up with the lower valance and the bumper was to narrow.
      I cut the center out of the bumper and had to modify the holes in the taillight panel to get the bumper lowered.



      I used Duraglass to attach the brackets to the bumper. Later I added a couple layers of fiberglass to hold them in place



      This shows you have much I need to add to the left side



      I added fiberglass to the top to hold it in place



      I clamped it to a long piece of angle and added fiberglass on the back side.



      I removed the braces and clamps and finished adding fiberglass to both sides and this is how it looks now. I still have to work on the gaps.



      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    9. #69
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      I epoxy primed the bumper and test fit





      It still needed a little bodywork



      Epoxy primed again

      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    10. #70
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      This project will be on hold for a little while.



      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    11. #71
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      We are back working on this project. I had to do a little bodywork on the front of the fenders to get them to line up to the new front valance and epoxy primed.



      Front valance and rear bumper block sanded and epoxy primed





      Test fitting one more time



      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      43
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice custom touches. Those fender flairs are some of the best I have seen on a 64-66 mustang!

    13. #73
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      We have been working on this doing a lot of little things to make it look right. The hood did not line up with the headlight buckets so I had to add fiberglass to the end of the hood.





      Brian test fit all the door glass, vent windows, quarter windows, windshield and back glass moldings

      This area needed a little work





      I worked on the body lines





      As you can see in this photo the front valance was a little high and the fender had a low spot that needed bodywork





      In the middle of a lot of block sanding and looking for any imperfections

      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    14. #74
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      The back of the hood was sanded and epoxy primed





      Block sanded the body and epoxy primed







      The trunk was sanded and epoxy primed





      The engine compartment was sanded and epoxy primed



      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    15. #75
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Test fitting the Stang-Aholics upper and lower grille



      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      I need to get you caught up on the progress we have made. The body is back on the rotisserie getting ready for paint.





      Epoxy primed the fenders and hood





      Sanding the interior getting it ready for Lizard Skin



      Epoxy primed



      Sanded the back of the hood and deck lid, epoxy primed, sprayed 3 coats of Pepper Gray and the next day 3 coats of SPI Universal Clear





      I painted the headlight buckets



      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    17. #77
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Very good.

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Undercarriage sanded and epoxy primed





      Doors and fenders epoxy primed wet sanded and painted pepper gray







      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    19. #79
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Port Richey Fl
      Posts
      775
      Country Flag: United States
      Final taping before paint







      Epoxy primed







      Rusty Gillis

      Former SS/FA & SS/GA NHRA National Record Holder

    20. #80
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Love this project. Coming out very nice!



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com