Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: Scotland

      New guy with another 2nd gen F-body

      ]I'm Steve and I live in PA, hence the original screen name. I've been lurking on here for quite some time but recently registered so that I could send PM's to a few members asking detailed questions about their build. I also recognize a few names from other forums.


      I have been a fan of the pro touring scene before it had a name. I never cared for drag racing and once I got a taste of suspension setup from working with the local racers I was hooked. I went to college with the intention of getting into racing post-graduation. I had the opportunity to speak with Bobby Hutchens on the phone and he offered a tour of the RCR shops and an interview with him in the early 90's. I was hooked...then I met a girl

      Fast forward a few years I got rid of that girl (crazy b), finished college, and got a job that didn't involve racing or cars. I had sold my old TA that the new owner butchered
      When I was in a stretch of college poverty.



      I always missed that car and last year I was able to purchase a firebird with the blessing of my wife. It was in pretty rough shape but that was what I wanted. My goal is to take the classic styling and make a modern car with it.

      I must admit, this is the most expensive website I've ever visited. Every time I get on here I'm ready to pull out the credit card and buy goodies for the car. Right now it's stripped to mostly a shell so my only limits are imagination and money (and wife's approval, lol).

      *The red car isn't mine but a pic of a car identical to the one I owned. No actual pictures survived multiple relocations.
      Last edited by Steve in Pa; 04-15-2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Clarification


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      5
      Country Flag: Scotland
      Here's Rusty when he came to my garage



      and the most recent pics


    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Maple Ridge, BC Canada
      Posts
      209
      Country Flag: Canada
      Step one...find a wife that accepts your hobby. Done!

      Good luck with the project.

      From a fellow 2nd Gen. lover...

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      533
      Looks like a very nice starting point.
      Sam
      Northern UT.
      '68 Camaro "Bodacious"
      '56 210 2dr "Buckshot"




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com