Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Results 81 to 100 of 111
    1. #81
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      when u do have it running, your just going with 275 on 9" front with a humungus 345 on 12" rears, u might have some driveabilty problems, I know because I daily drive summer and part of spring still have em on now 295 on 10.5 with skinnies up front you know old school drag racing weld racing pro stars.
      The plan is to run the 275s up front. It should drive fine, it will probably have some understeer if I push it hard but I will deal with that later. My wheels/tires are heavy SOBs. I would like to have an extra set of drag wheels but that all cost money.

    2. #82
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      what about the lower control arms, are those in the way? are u going to relocate them? or make new ones in, in a new location?
      Removing the spring from the control arm frees up some space and I could have reused the control arms but I have something better planned.

    3. #83
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31

      wheels are sitting flush?

      the wide wheels look like they are sitting flush with the fenders, I thought they would be protruding hence the need for flares?


      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      The shock travel is less with a shorter shock of course but it would have been easier to fit it in there. The shock mounts above the frame rails and is less than 1/2" from the wheel. I could have moved the shocks inward but it made more sense to me to have them as far outward as possible. I couldn't find the part number on the shocks. I'll measure them next time I'm crawling under neath it. I'm replacing the rear end flange with a strange unit and I haven't decided if I'm going to take a short cut or pull the rear end apart and replace the crush sleave. Either way I'll be under neath it again. I got it off blocks for the first time in forever! The car seems so little now.

      One guess where I'm going to mount the ECU.
      Attachment 145176

      And after a hose down.

      Attachment 145177

    4. #84
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31

      length of serrated boxed mount to axle?

      you welded boxed in the serrated piece to the axle, how did you come to the conclusion to make it that length? and what is the length and or dimensions is it? and how would u get the nut on the inside did u have to cut out a slot?


      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      I think the rod end bolt is 3/4" and the searated mount is 1", I will need a spacer. That little piece came with the serated mount when I bought mine. I didn't notice in your link that it was only one piece. I would keep looking for one that comes with both pieces so you don't have to fiddle with it. I did think about making some serated parts but I don't really have the equipment for it. Plus they can be found online for a decent price.

    5. #85
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31

      I got my drags cheap years ago

      I got my drags cheap years ago, used off ebay even my 295's discontinued goodyear eagle gt2"s were mostly bald when I got them and I still use them, got them on now

      so is that correct you got a 10" wheel up front it looks flush with the bumper?

      I would like to figure out how to fit a 315/30/18 up front with the mods involved and 345/30/18 using Michelin cups. something like this guys 2000 mustang
      http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...-ford-mustang/




      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      The plan is to run the 275s up front. It should drive fine, it will probably have some understeer if I push it hard but I will deal with that later. My wheels/tires are heavy SOBs. I would like to have an extra set of drag wheels but that all cost money.

    6. #86
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31

      I cant find anywhere where they sell both

      I cant find anywhere where they sell both

      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      I think the rod end bolt is 3/4" and the searated mount is 1", I will need a spacer. That little piece came with the serated mount when I bought mine. I didn't notice in your link that it was only one piece. I would keep looking for one that comes with both pieces so you don't have to fiddle with it. I did think about making some serated parts but I don't really have the equipment for it. Plus they can be found online for a decent price.

    7. #87
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      the wide wheels look like they are sitting flush with the fenders, I thought they would be protruding hence the need for fares?
      The front and back tires should both be inside the wheel wells. The back will be very tight but after the fender lip is cut and rolled it should fit.

    8. #88
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      you welded boxed in the serrated piece to the axle, how did you come to the conclusion to make it that length? and what is the length and or dimensions is it? and how would u get the nut on the inside did u have to cut out a slot?
      I wanted the mount as far out as possible. The longer the bar the less side to side movement the axle will have. The panhard bar needed to clear the rear end cover so i just made sure it stuck out further then the cover did. The mount is open at the bottom so i can get a wrench on the nut.

    9. #89
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      I got my drags cheap years ago, used off ebay even my 295's discontinued goodyear eagle gt2"s were mostly bald when I got them and I still use them, got them on now

      so is that correct you got a 10" wheel up front it looks flush with the bumper?

      I would like to figure out how to fit a 315/30/18 up front with the mods involved and 345/30/18 using Michelin cups. something like this guys 2000 mustang
      http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...-ford-mustang/
      Adding the fender flares might be the easiest way to do it if your not afraid of a little body work.
      I have a 9” wheel in the front. Before i had my 10” wheels widened i put them on the front and they stuck out way to far. The backspacing probably was as much to blame for them sticking out. I decided to use something i knew would fit in the front for now. I have enough other changes to try and finish.

    10. #90
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      ok I see, whats the backspacing of your front 9" wheel and your 10" wheels widened to I guess it was 12 inches? I'm asking because I want mine to stick out and I want flares, for the front and rear but I want ones that l think look good, but nobody makes them, so I was thinking of modifying a pair of universal 3" flares for the rear. I have rendering but I cant seem to copy and paste it here, I will try somewhere else.

      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      Adding the fender flares might be the easiest way to do it if your not afraid of a little body work.
      I have a 9” wheel in the front. Before i had my 10” wheels widened i put them on the front and they stuck out way to far. The backspacing probably was as much to blame for them sticking out. I decided to use something i knew would fit in the front for now. I have enough other changes to try and finish.

    11. #91
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      I wanted the mount as far out as possible. The longer the bar the less side to side movement the axle will have. The panhard bar needed to clear the rear end cover so i just made sure it stuck out further then the cover did. The mount is open at the bottom so i can get a wrench on the nut.
      to box it in(serrated mount) did u use a template cut out of paper or card board then trace it to steel, what tools did u use to cut it out? hand held tools or stationary?

    12. #92
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      The serrated mount I found by searching "NASCAR panhard mount" It wasn't very expensive. The rod ends are aluminum QA1. The panhard bar is also aluminum, I can't remember if it was also QA1 or someone else. The rod comes in different lengths. I just measured what Length I needed after I had the mounts made.
      right but with the shiny aluminum panhard bar(swaged tubes) QA1 3/4" when the rod ends and jam nuts are tightened, installed whats the length from rod end eye to eye? wouldn't it be different from what one would choose from qa1 choices of length's? for example say I measure from mount to mount and get 24" so I order a 24" swaged tube but after adding the rod ends won't it be longer and not fit?

    13. #93
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      to box it in(serrated mount) did u use a template cut out of paper or card board then trace it to steel, what tools did u use to cut it out? hand held tools or stationary?
      I use a think paper to make templates then trace onto metal. I use an electric craftsman angle grinder with a metal cut off wheel for almost all my cutting. I also have a metal chop saw that works good for some cuts. Nothing to fancey. Its noisy and messy but it works.



    14. #94
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      right but with the shiny aluminum panhard bar(swaged tubes) QA1 3/4" when the rod ends and jam nuts are tightened, installed whats the length from rod end eye to eye? wouldn't it be different from what one would choose from qa1 choices of length's? for example say I measure from mount to mount and get 24" so I order a 24" swaged tube but after adding the rod ends won't it be longer and not fit?
      You need to figure in the length of the rod end and figure out how to long the bar will need to be. QA1 has all the dimensions in their catalog. There is probably an 1” of adjustment so you don’t have to be perfect.

    15. #95
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Engine pics

      This engine has 200k on it but they must have took care of it. I pulled a valve cover just to see how bad it looked. I was surprised how good it looked! I am not going to touch a thing on the engine for now. Just trying to get it on the road next summer.
      Name:  45C8EC47-94D5-4FE7-8868-DF1ADD68D626.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  225.4 KB

    16. #96
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Rattle can rebuild

      The outside of the engine was worse than the inside so I cleaned it a bit and hit it with some spray paint.
      Name:  643605DE-6C33-4B42-AEE4-577B6B03B2D0.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  131.3 KB

      Name:  5F235178-61B6-4153-8D76-56FBA2E78DE3.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  124.1 KB

      Name:  504F5258-0868-43A4-B9E5-6420AF131CAC.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  115.6 KB
      Painted the coils
      Name:  29E6B1B3-133D-4471-8E4E-2BA5C89BE637.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  114.3 KB

    17. #97
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Th400

      I have enjoyed every part of this build so far but I was really excited to rebuild the transmission. Installing a shift kit was the most I have done with a transmission before now. I got a good book and took my time and it went pretty good. I installed a trans go shift kit and HD sprag otherwise mostly a stock rebuild. I won’t know if i did it right until it get this running so I will keep my fingers crossed.
      After rebuild before paint
      Name:  573EEF4A-A8C2-487A-A5AB-148B0883D2F5.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  185.0 KB
      Painted
      Name:  9D68DA42-7A96-4DB2-A7C5-A83EC63ABC50.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  192.4 KB

    18. #98
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Yank Eliminator Converter

      I was looking some used exhaust manifolds since the truck manifold will not clear the steering shaft and I found what I hope is a good deal on a Yank 3600 stall converter. I didn’t have the money for the converter I wanted to buy and was thinking of buying a cheap converter until I could afford a better one, but that felt like a waste of money. Then i saw this converter for sale. The guy said it was for an LS and TH400 and stall is what I wanted. Sure enough it bolts right up without any adapters or spacer. I have 1/8” between the converter and flexplate with the transmission installed which is about perfect.

      Name:  446EC5B1-1DB1-43CE-ADB2-DE44025AF02D.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  123.9 KB

      Name:  268EF0C5-1CD5-470D-A297-E0B5262DACA8.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  132.4 KB
      I did some measuring while the engine was still in the car and it looked like it would be correct. I have heard to many different opions about which flywheel to use or what spacer is needed so I just measured what I had.
      Name:  431862CE-0E5A-49C8-8FB6-29691D9568B6.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  112.9 KB
      Last edited by Peter R; 12-09-2017 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Typo

    19. #99
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks good man. I've been contemplating an LS swap in one of my foxes. I may have missed it in the thread, what wiring/computer setup are you planning on using?


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    20. #100
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Looks good man. I've been contemplating an LS swap in one of my foxes. I may have missed it in the thread, what wiring/computer setup are you planning on using?
      I am going to run the stock PCM and wire harness to save money. I would love to go with Holley EFI but I don’t have the extra money. Plus you can make a ton of power with the stock computer.

    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com