Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 111

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      nice, where would i buy frame rails like this? what size,dimension,thickness? would be possible just to weld in a already made backhalf rail, what I see is used for drag racer?
      I used 2"x3" tubing, I don't remember what thickness but could check if you want. I use Central Iron in Grand Rapids, they have great prices and have new and used steel. They will even cut stuff to length if needed. You could get a back half kit, that would give you more adjustablity but would probably be more work to install and more expensive. I'm on a budget so I am making what I can, the trade off is that it is taking forever to build.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      thanks this helps me understand better, will check if they ship to Canada or try to find some local Canadian equivalent company. what length aprox. of 2"x3" square tubing did you get?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      thanks this helps me understand better, will check if they ship to Canada or try to find some local Canadian equivalent company. what length aprox. of 2"x3" square tubing did you get?
      I would look for a local place, shipping will cost more than the metal. I did a quick check and the 2x3 tube is .080" thick. The Frame rails are about 3' each, I ran 2 supports across and used some for the panhard mount. I probably used about 12' total. It was only a couple bucks a foot I believe.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com