Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 111

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      the right mount with the 10 holes, did you just weld that onto the new frame rail, how did u figure out exactly where to weld it? where did u buy it or did u build it, if so how.



      The black pan hard rod thats welded onto that mount then appears to go the left upper new frame rail? where exactly on the rail did you weld that? thanks
      The panhard mount is also 2"x3" tube left over from the frame rails. The part with holes is just 1/4" flat stock I drilled holes and welded to the 2"x3" tube. I got the idea from some pictures I found on line. I would give the guy credit but I can't find it now. I made the mount on the axel first than just lined up the mount for the other side.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      Where could I get such a cool, pan rod with anodized red heim joints, whats the length,thickness of the rod?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      Where could I get such a cool, pan rod with anodized red heim joints, whats the length,thickness of the rod?
      The serrated mount I found by searching "NASCAR panhard mount" It wasn't very expensive. The rod ends are aluminum QA1. The panhard bar is also aluminum, I can't remember if it was also QA1 or someone else. The rod comes in different lengths. I just measured what Length I needed after I had the mounts made.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      The serrated mount I found by searching "NASCAR panhard mount" It wasn't very expensive. The rod ends are aluminum QA1. The panhard bar is also aluminum, I can't remember if it was also QA1 or someone else. The rod comes in different lengths. I just measured what Length I needed after I had the mounts made.
      right but with the shiny aluminum panhard bar(swaged tubes) QA1 3/4" when the rod ends and jam nuts are tightened, installed whats the length from rod end eye to eye? wouldn't it be different from what one would choose from qa1 choices of length's? for example say I measure from mount to mount and get 24" so I order a 24" swaged tube but after adding the rod ends won't it be longer and not fit?

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      so u just welded some plates to box it in and added a rod to support it?

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      is this where you got the nascar mount? it says it come with the SERRATED FLOATER, where did u find that? or could i just go to the hardware store and buy a small serrated plate and or block or do i have to find something specific like http://www.ubmachine.com/serratedblocks.html

      http://www.2040-parts.com/new-nascar...mount-i408564/

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      is this where you got the nascar mount? it says it come with the SERRATED FLOATER, where did u find that? or could i just go to the hardware store and buy a small serrated plate and or block or do i have to find something specific like http://www.ubmachine.com/serratedblocks.html

      http://www.2040-parts.com/new-nascar...mount-i408564/
      Your second link is the one I bought. I paid much more on that bay site though. I cut that little extra piece off of mine. Thanks for the link. I wanted to have the other side serrated as well but decided on the holes because it was cheaper and easier.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Fuel tank build

      Time for more picutres.

      Name:  IMG_3069.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  163.3 KB

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Tank

      Name:  IMG_3071.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  90.5 KB

      Name:  IMG_3074.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  105.7 KB

      Name:  IMG_3119.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  96.0 KB

      Name:  IMG_3120.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  129.6 KB

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      31
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter R View Post
      Your second link is the one I bought. I paid much more on that bay site though. I cut that little extra piece off of mine. Thanks for the link. I wanted to have the other side serrated as well but decided on the holes because it was cheaper and easier.
      right, but the serrated side rod end bolt is that a 5/8" bolt? and the flat square bare metal looking piece(or is it aluminum?) which I think would be called serrated blocks and plates that attaches the rod end to the serrated mount, did u make that or buy it? I'm assuming if you made it you had to cut-make the serrated parts? they sell and assortment of different sizes, which size did you choose?All UB serrated blocks and plates are 1/4" adjustment

      46-1601-AC
      46-1601-A 3/4" hole $11.75
      46-1601-B 5/8" hole $11.75
      46-1601-C 3/4" hole w/sides $17.10
      46-1601-D 5/8" hole w/sides $17.10

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by drivefaster80 View Post
      right, but the serrated side rod end bolt is that a 5/8" bolt? and the flat square bare metal looking piece(or is it aluminum?) which I think would be called serrated blocks and plates that attaches the rod end to the serrated mount, did u make that or buy it? I'm assuming if you made it you had to cut-make the serrated parts? they sell and assortment of different sizes, which size did you choose?All UB serrated blocks and plates are 1/4" adjustment

      46-1601-AC
      46-1601-A 3/4" hole $11.75
      46-1601-B 5/8" hole $11.75
      46-1601-C 3/4" hole w/sides $17.10
      46-1601-D 5/8" hole w/sides $17.10
      I think the rod end bolt is 3/4" and the searated mount is 1", I will need a spacer. That little piece came with the serated mount when I bought mine. I didn't notice in your link that it was only one piece. I would keep looking for one that comes with both pieces so you don't have to fiddle with it. I did think about making some serated parts but I don't really have the equipment for it. Plus they can be found online for a decent price.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Fuel tank vent

      I wanted the tank vent to stay above fuel level so I had to go through the frame rail.

      Name:  IMG_3371.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  78.6 KB

      Name:  IMG_3372.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  113.3 KB

      Name:  IMG_3373.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  95.8 KB

      Name:  IMG_3374.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  123.0 KB

      Name:  IMG_3375.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  116.0 KB

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      left coast
      Posts
      147
      Country Flag: United States
      Great job! Damn, I sooo need to buy a tig. . . . .Honey, are we doing xmas lists yet?

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by groho View Post
      Great job! Damn, I sooo need to buy a tig. . . . .Honey, are we doing xmas lists yet?
      I love having a tig, I think mine is from the 70's and is the size of a small car but the price was right. I would love to have a larger mig, I am borrowing my brothers and it is only a 110 volt and it struggles with much more than sheet metal.

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Engine pics

      This engine has 200k on it but they must have took care of it. I pulled a valve cover just to see how bad it looked. I was surprised how good it looked! I am not going to touch a thing on the engine for now. Just trying to get it on the road next summer.
      Name:  45C8EC47-94D5-4FE7-8868-DF1ADD68D626.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  225.4 KB

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Rattle can rebuild

      The outside of the engine was worse than the inside so I cleaned it a bit and hit it with some spray paint.
      Name:  643605DE-6C33-4B42-AEE4-577B6B03B2D0.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  131.3 KB

      Name:  5F235178-61B6-4153-8D76-56FBA2E78DE3.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  124.1 KB

      Name:  504F5258-0868-43A4-B9E5-6420AF131CAC.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  115.6 KB
      Painted the coils
      Name:  29E6B1B3-133D-4471-8E4E-2BA5C89BE637.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  114.3 KB

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Th400

      I have enjoyed every part of this build so far but I was really excited to rebuild the transmission. Installing a shift kit was the most I have done with a transmission before now. I got a good book and took my time and it went pretty good. I installed a trans go shift kit and HD sprag otherwise mostly a stock rebuild. I won’t know if i did it right until it get this running so I will keep my fingers crossed.
      After rebuild before paint
      Name:  573EEF4A-A8C2-487A-A5AB-148B0883D2F5.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  185.0 KB
      Painted
      Name:  9D68DA42-7A96-4DB2-A7C5-A83EC63ABC50.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  192.4 KB

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States

      Yank Eliminator Converter

      I was looking some used exhaust manifolds since the truck manifold will not clear the steering shaft and I found what I hope is a good deal on a Yank 3600 stall converter. I didn’t have the money for the converter I wanted to buy and was thinking of buying a cheap converter until I could afford a better one, but that felt like a waste of money. Then i saw this converter for sale. The guy said it was for an LS and TH400 and stall is what I wanted. Sure enough it bolts right up without any adapters or spacer. I have 1/8” between the converter and flexplate with the transmission installed which is about perfect.

      Name:  446EC5B1-1DB1-43CE-ADB2-DE44025AF02D.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  123.9 KB

      Name:  268EF0C5-1CD5-470D-A297-E0B5262DACA8.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  132.4 KB
      I did some measuring while the engine was still in the car and it looked like it would be correct. I have heard to many different opions about which flywheel to use or what spacer is needed so I just measured what I had.
      Name:  431862CE-0E5A-49C8-8FB6-29691D9568B6.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  112.9 KB
      Last edited by Peter R; 12-09-2017 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Typo

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks good man. I've been contemplating an LS swap in one of my foxes. I may have missed it in the thread, what wiring/computer setup are you planning on using?


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Posts
      63
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Looks good man. I've been contemplating an LS swap in one of my foxes. I may have missed it in the thread, what wiring/computer setup are you planning on using?
      I am going to run the stock PCM and wire harness to save money. I would love to go with Holley EFI but I don’t have the extra money. Plus you can make a ton of power with the stock computer.

    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com