Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      22
      Country Flag: United States

      Newbie from Minnesota with a green apple 70s Dodge pickup!

      Hey all, my name is Brodie and I'm residing in Duluth MN. I have always been a huge lover of all things automotive and just bought my first truck 2 years ago. It's a 1977 Dodge D100 Custom with a 225 slant six and a 3-on-the-tree. It's not much for power, but for now it's a good cruiser. Since I bought the truck in June of '13 I have lowered it 5" in front (with new MOOG OEM springs, cutting one coil off, and 80's B300 van lower control arms...has deeper spring perch) and 6" in rear (the basic axle flip). I also got myself a set of 18's on it. They are 18x8 Ridler 695's in front and 18x9.5 Ridler 695's in back. I love how it sits, but honestly I need to lower the back just a little bit more (maybe an inch or so), so I bought some lowering shackles and have yet to install them. I also acquired a rear disc brake swap kit from a guy on a Facebook group. It included brand new Wilwood calipers, a set of weld-on brackets and new brake lines...all for a mere $88 shipped! Now I just need to find a set of rotors that will work.

      As the truck sits now, it's kind of a sad story. The truck seemed to be pretty much rust-free (besides the common "floors" and "cab mounting supports") and the frame seemed solid. Well last year in the fall I discovered some rust holes and a crack on the frame right in front of the rear leaf mount and I deemed it not safe for the road, so I parked it. As of right now, I have sourced out another truck with a good frame, rust-free and damage-free doors, a full interior, a 318 with a 4-speed floor shifter and a few other goodies I needed anyway. So hopefully by summer I have my baby back on the road.

      My future plans are a full frame-off restoration, a turbocharged 225 slant six with an A833 4spd, and will have MANY custom touches that will set my truck off from the rest of the crowd. It will be a slow process, but I will keep this truck for years to come!

      Anyway, I'm a big fan of modernizing classic cars and trucks and I'm honored to be a part of this great forum!

      When I first bought the truck:






      After the wheels and suspension:



      As it sits now:




    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      St. Cloud, MN
      Posts
      376
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome from another Minnesotan. I like the look of the truck.
      Jon
      71 Nova LT1/4L60E

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      South Lyon, MI
      Posts
      1,244
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice truck. Welcome.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Posts
      49,371
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome Brodie!






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com