Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Results 61 to 78 of 78
    1. #61
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Island Lake, IL
      Posts
      816
      Country Flag: United States
      Just joined the forum and making my first post...nice project thread!

    2. #62
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    3. #63
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      St. George, Utah
      Posts
      1,629
      Country Flag: United States
      Any more updates/ autocrossing?
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

      SRD on Facebook

      79 Cutlass wagon build


    4. #64
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      We did the test and tune last month. Had a great time but did have some tire rub on the inside of the rears which prompted me to install the rear springs and shocks. That fixed that problem. I did have some drive ability problems but found the float was sticking in the carb so got that fixed. Did a Solo school lady weekend and ended the day with an engine noise and another drive ability problem. Stil trying to figure that out.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Kevin, I sure had a lot of fun riding shotgun with you at the school last weekend! You were finding time, and the limits of the car, with each pass. With that, I was blown away by how amazing that paint job looked. Much better than any late 2nd gen I've seen in a long long while!

      Get that engine issue tackled and get back out there with us for the rest of the summer!

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks man! The tips were greatly appreciated. Messed with it today and got it back in shape. Still have a little noise but I think it is an exhaust leak that I just cannot pinpoint. I put a new cap/rotor and ignition module on it and messed with the timing and it seems to be running great so should be there next weekend.....fingers crossed!!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    7. #67
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States
      It's looking like Barney just might make an appearance at event 5...hope to see JUNK$ on the track for that event as well.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

    8. #68
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Good deal Lance! See you then!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    9. #69
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      I am too lazy to put the pic in Photobucket so here is a link to Keith's website. Scroll down and you will see a pic of me and my son in action..

      http://www.customworksperformance.net/
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    10. #70
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok everyone!! I entered the BFG Are Driver Enough Video Contest. Check it out and vote for me please!! Thanks!! Kevin Vieth 1979 Camaro

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...est-2-VOTE-NOW!

      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro


    11. #71
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      one more bump before voting ends tomorrow...thanks for any votes!!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Chico, California Nor-Cal
      Posts
      365
      Kevin, got a chance to look at your thread, nice work!

      Keith www.customworksperformance.net

    13. #73
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ks71z28 View Post
      Kevin, got a chance to look at your thread, nice work!

      Keith www.customworksperformance.net
      Thanks man! I got the SPC uppers installed and am actually working on the alignment as we speak........my brain hurts!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    14. #74
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Hanceville, AL
      Posts
      1,322
      Country Flag: United States
      I voted for you - love the car and wish you had won!

    15. #75
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by g-machine View Post
      I voted for you - love the car and wish you had won!
      Thanks! Oh well, the Mustang had a good video and I like how he fabricated alot of his parts...he deserved it.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the alignment all done. Ended up with -2.0 camber, 1/16 toe in and around +5.5 caster. I put more neg camber because I am having issues with my front inner fenders rubbing on hard braking corners. It started when I installed some homemade solid subframe bushings. I installed them in a wedged fashion. 1 inch on rear mount, .5 inch on middle mount and nothing on the front mount. I guess in brought the body down just enough to make it rub.....it is better now but still there...seems like you make one change and cause another issue....very frustrating! I love the stance so might just have to live with a little rubbing. I have an Autocross event this weekend so will see how bad it rubs.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    17. #77
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      I ended up getting some 1/4 metal spacers to go on top of the springs from Keith. Got them installed Sat AM and raced Sun AM, no rubbing and seemed to handle great in my novice opinion. I will probably try to double check the alignment before the next event. I figure the spacers might have given me some added camber and I might try to get more Caster if I can.
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Figure I would jump in here and post a quick update. Been working on getting everything road ready for the upcoming Hot Rod Power Tour. My son(14) and I are staring here in KC and hitting 4 other stops and will be heading back home from the Madison, IL stop. Will be almost 1000 miles round trip so got the cruise control installed, cooling system all flushed, A/C working great, no overheating problems....should be good to go!!
      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com