Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 78

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      NEXT STEP....ENGINE OUT!!
      I got it all ready to pull and plan on pulling it next Saturday. BTW, those dollies are a life saver. I am constantly moving it around as I work on different areas of the car. Now it is sideways in the garage and wife's van is in the driveway...she is not too happy about that!!







      Ok, got the engine out!! Came out real easy w/everything off the front end. Next step is getting all the suspension parts off and separate the subframe from the body.







      Well the wife's van needed tie rod ends, so it needed to go into the garage. I decided to go ahead and separate the frame from the body so I could use the other half of the garage.


      Got the firewall and front underside all ready for primer and paint/bedliner.





      Got a little more done. The front underside and firewall is all cleaned up, primed and coated w/bedliner. I am real happy w/the results.









      VERY little progress. I got the brake booster and valve all cleaned and paint. New master cylinder. Next step take the subframe apart and start painting and replacing bushings and ball joints.





      Got a chance to do some more work. Got the front suspension all apart and the sub frame cleaned up and primed. Found some rust around the pass side body mount and got it all ready to be welded in.







      -Kevin
      Project Thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/113334-Project-JUNK-the-ultimate-budget-project!!-1979-Camaro





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com