Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 17 of 17
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Myerstown, PA
      Posts
      23

      Ridetech suspension installed on my 68 Mustang coupe (pics)

      Just got the ridetech level 2 coil over suspension installed 68 coupe. Also got the Steeroids rack installed too. I love the stance. I still got a lot of work to do yet (i.e. wheels, tires, brakes, paint and body and interior). Can't wait to drive this. I'm hoping to have it done by the summer....hopefully

      https://imageshack.com/i/exLTJaKIj
      https://imageshack.com/i/pcEn2UxEj
      https://imageshack.com/i/p8JKigaQj
      https://imageshack.com/i/pdG0HO1hj
      https://imageshack.com/i/p5sbLlKqj

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Myerstown, PA
      Posts
      23
      I also got an Ididit column installed along with Right Stuff rear brake conversion and SSBC front kit. The rear is a 66 mustang rear so its slightly narrower in my 68. I'm planning on 18x10 wheels out back and 18x8 up front. What BS would I need?

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Woodstock, IL
      Posts
      2,410
      Country Flag: United States

      Ridetech suspension installed on my 68 Mustang coupe (pics)

      Nice ride- definitely needs some wheels now!

      Can't help much on the BS but are you minitubbing it? Which wheels do you have in mind?

      -Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

      Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Myerstown, PA
      Posts
      23
      Thanks. Don't plan on mini tubbing. The rear was actually in there when I bought the car. Only realized it was a 64-66 mustang rear when the 4 link was being installed. Don't really have any brand of wheels in mind yet but I do want 18" wheels for sure.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Woodstock, IL
      Posts
      2,410
      Country Flag: United States

      Ridetech suspension installed on my 68 Mustang coupe (pics)

      We had a customer that bought 10" rear wheels and 295 tires for his 68.. Ended up having to minitub it.
      Others may have some more insight...

      What's your wheel budget? American Racing is pretty budget friendly but options are limited.
      Otherwise Forgeline and others are more premium.

      -Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

      Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Apex, NC
      Posts
      1,020
      Country Flag: United States
      That big a wheel on a 66 and you're minitubbing. Check out my thread. I am running 295 on the rear and barely made it fit with the tubs.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Myerstown, PA
      Posts
      23
      I don't have a huge enough budget for Forgeline wheels but I seriously wish I did lol. I can settle for 18x9 wheels if I have to. BS is going to be a major factor on the rear of my car. I was hoping I could find someone on here who has a 65-66 rear on a 67 or 68 mustang so I could find out what size wheel and bs they have. Trying not to mini-tub it cause I'm already over budget but its always an option I guess

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      38
      Country Flag: United States
      I remember seeing this car in the shop. Can't wait to see it when it's all done.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Louisville, Ky
      Posts
      43
      Country Flag: United States
      [QUOTE=Schwartz Performance;1115133]We had a customer that bought 10" rear wheels and 295 tires for his 68.. Ended up having to minitub it.
      Others may have some more insight...

      What's your wheel budget? American Racing is pretty budget friendly but options are limited.
      Otherwise Forgeline and others are more premium.



      Do you think he could get by with a 17X8, with like a 275 40 17 without mini tubbing? really would'nt be looseing that much.
      Anthony Hammond

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Louisville, Ky
      Posts
      43
      Country Flag: United States
      just realized a 275 40 wont fit on a 8" rim. maybe use a 9" rim.

      Anthony Hammond


    11. #11
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Myerstown, PA
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve@CJPP View Post
      I remember seeing this car in the shop. Can't wait to see it when it's all done.
      I really like the work RK has don e to my car. I was there Friday afternoon. Good group of guys

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Location
      Woodstock, IL
      Posts
      2,410
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah you'll fit a 9" wheel with a 275, but any wider at that ride height and you'll be cutting metal!

      -Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

      Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Myerstown, PA
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Yeah you'll fit a 9" wheel with a 275, but any wider at that ride height and you'll be cutting metal!

      -Dale
      I was sorta thinking 9" wheels would be the limit. The 64-66 rear gives me about an inch of more room on each side. I was told on another forum I could probably get away with about 3.5" of BS and possibly a 9.5" wheel but that might be pushing it with the ride height I want.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Harrisburg, PA
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: United States
      Since your car is already at the shop how about these http://www.cjponyparts.com/us-mags-s...1973/p/W838-V/
      With a set of 1" spacers. http://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-parts/p/WHSP15/
      Joshua O

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Myerstown, PA
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by GTOtzel View Post
      Since your car is already at the shop how about these Although://www.cjponyparts.com/us-ma...1973/p/W838-V/
      With a set of 1" spacers. http://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-parts/p/WHSP15/
      I was considering a wheel like this but I like the pro touring look a lot better. Although these kind of wheels do look sweet on a classic mustang

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Highland Village, TX
      Posts
      104
      Country Flag: United States
      How about some Pics of the Actual Suspension?? Good looking Ride....
      Ron -
      1970 Mach1
      440 RWHP, 428 RWTQ
      Calypso Coral, 357W, T5Z 5-speed,
      Edelbrock 454 17x8 Wheels, 255x40x17 rear, 215x45x17 front, Bridgestone Potenza RE-71, TCP Coilovers Front, Global West Del-A-Lum Bushings,Global West Adj. Strut Rods, Wilwood Discs All around

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Myerstown, PA
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by Mach1_Ron View Post
      How about some Pics of the Actual Suspension?? Good looking Ride....
      As soon as I get it back I will post some pics. I need to pretty up the undercarriage first LOL




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com