Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 21 to 36 of 36
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Stained Soul View Post
      Thanks Wayne,
      I wasn't even sure anyone was really reading my updates.
      Seriously thought that the last update just might be the last.



      Hopefully she will only be down for a couple of months, no big rush with the crappy weather we are having.

      L8R,
      Stu
      Hey, Stu. Keep those updates coming! I'm subscribed. If I don't have time to work on my '66 Malibu, I can live through yours, and a couple others, lol.
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!


    2. #22
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      SW, Michigan
      Posts
      875
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like a solid car!!

    3. #23
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Near Spokane Wa.
      Posts
      28
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys.
      Hey Rick/rixtrix1, my brother lives in Phoenix and my folks live in Casa Grande.
      I'm the sole surviver up here.
      Oh ya, and the Pork Shop in Queens Creek has the best damn Pepperoni ever.

      L8R,
      Stu
      Big picture of my 66 Malibu P/T project: http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_65571.JPG

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm watching and enjoying your updates.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    5. #25
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Near Spokane Wa.
      Posts
      28
      Country Flag: United States
      Slow going, but finally getting the engine bay cleaned and stripped down to bare metal.
      Name:  2-6-15_a.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  252.9 KB

      I finally figured out a decent way to clean up the welds along the frame rails.
      Name:  2-6-15_c.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  293.2 KB

      Name:  2-6-15_b.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  146.9 KB

      More of the same boring stuff for the next week or so.

      L8R
      Big picture of my 66 Malibu P/T project: http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_65571.JPG

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      NH
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: United States
      Excellent build!
      "The reason to moderate is not having to quit"- Jim Harrison

    7. #27
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Near Spokane Wa.
      Posts
      28
      Country Flag: United States
      Managed to get most of the firewall cleaned up today.
      Every time I move the drop light to a different angle I see/find an area I over looked.
      Hopefully I can get the rest of the engine bay cleaned up this week.
      Still trying to decide if I'm going to pull the grill out and do the front side of the core support.

      Name:  2-8-15_a.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  242.0 KB

      Name:  2-8-15_b.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  246.0 KB
      Big picture of my 66 Malibu P/T project: http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_65571.JPG

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Seattle WA
      Posts
      288
      Country Flag: United States
      I hate that part. Looks like you blew through it pretty quick. Looking good!
      1967 El Camino 408ci LSx....and the build begins!
      1967 Turbocharged 408ci LSx Chevelle - 1012 rwhp, 959 rwtq 67 Chevelle
      2009 Supercharged Silverado - On the Dyno

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Yellowknife, NT, Canada
      Posts
      85
      Country Flag: Canada
      Great choice on the '66, Subscribed. Keep the updates coming. It serves as motivation to get back at it for the rest of us. I really like your attention to detail, and high quality photos. Thanks
      Jayson - '65 Beaumont Convertible

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      When you see how nice the engine bay came out, that will help you make the decision on the radiator support. It looks good.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    11. #31
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Near Spokane Wa.
      Posts
      28
      Country Flag: United States
      Managed to get most of the engine bay done today.
      I would guess it's about 90% done, just need to do the edges and a few other small areas.
      Also pulled the grill, valance & hood latch assembly off so I can clean the outside of the core support.
      I will pull the bumper & brackets off later.

      Name:  IMG_67141.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  231.3 KB

      Name:  IMG_6719.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  226.9 KB
      Big picture of my 66 Malibu P/T project: http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_65571.JPG

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      The Pork Shop is great. Been going there for years. I left NE for warmer weather in 1985. Nice work.
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice job it looks great. There's a lot of work you've already got done there.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      15
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking great, keep.up the good work!

    15. #35
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      2,178
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Stained Soul View Post
      Yesterday my LS specific radiator from RnD Fabrication showed up.
      This thing is BEAST….
      Thanks Sparky @: http://rndfabrication.com/ABodyearly.html
      Thank you to Tom F. for the info also.

      Attachment 108407

      Attachment 108408

      Attachment 108409

      Attachment 108410

      Got the hood off of the car today, now comes the fun.

      Glad you like it, and cool build thread! Looks like it'll be a fun project to play with

    16. #36
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Near Spokane Wa.
      Posts
      28
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Sparky.
      Todays updated pictures:
      Name:  IMG_67671.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  196.6 KB

      Name:  IMG_67751.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  204.6 KB

      Core support all done.
      I'm going to get the underside of the front a little bit.
      Try not to get to carried away.
      Still need to:
      Clean cross member underside
      Clean front frame rails... underside
      Clean corners where wire wheels won't fit.
      Test fit engine
      Test fit radiator
      Pull manual steering box off
      Thats the quick list........
      Big picture of my 66 Malibu P/T project: http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_65571.JPG

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com