Results 1 to 3 of 3
Hybrid View
-
10-07-2005 #1
New to Pro-Touring
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Posts
- 21
can I use a 4L60 with a V-8 Small block
Ok I tried to research this but the entire history on automatic transmissions seems to be gone. I recently recieved a 4l60 overdrive transmission from a friend. It was just rebuilt for his Blazer but he opted for a diffrent tranny,- t-56. My question is can that transmission somehow be bolted up to a small block chevy v-8 since it has the v-6 bolt pattern on the back. I know this may sound crazy but I Was curious since the transmission was FREE!!!! I currently have a TH-350 and gas was killing me so I parked my camaro. Any thoughts or Ideas welcome...
-
10-08-2005 #2
Full Blown G-Machiner
- Join Date
- Nov 2004
- Location
- Roanoke, VA
- Posts
- 515
If its a 4L60E and it was from a 4.3V6 truck it has the exact same bolt pattern for the bell housing as the SBC/BBC. You'll need a way to control it though since its either 100% PCM controlled (late unit) or partially PCM controlled (early unit).
Originally Posted by joehammbone
Early 4L60s (aka 700R4 or notice no "E" on the end) were put behind the 2.8 V6 and 4 cly trucks and those bell housings will not mate to a SBC/BBC.
To sum it up:
700R4/4L60/4L60E that were behind 4.3 V6s are the same as far as bolting up as the SBC and BBC.
Anything that came from any other RWD V6 be it 2.8, the 3.? (F body), or 4 cylinder wont interchange with the above.GMC Syclone (currently wrecked thanks to the typical rubber headed VA driver not paying attention to his red stop light...oh and he didnt have insurance either)
#614 11.9 @ 113
New stuff finished 08/06:
4L80E trans w/TCI PCM
Front: J&S UCA/LCA, QA1 coil overs
Rear: Caltracks/Belltech drop leaves
Empire drive line alum drive shaft
Polished 17x9 F/17x11 R ZR1s with 275s/315s
Syclone
Tow rig
10-08-2005 #3
New to Pro-Touring
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
- Posts
- 21
well then I'm out of luck. I'll have to buy a new trans. should I go standard or automatic? keeping in mind $$$$$$$ what is reccomended that will give me the best gas milage and performance





Reply With Quote



