Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 21 to 30 of 30

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by 95riosnake View Post
      Awesome work Billy! So is this where you've been hanging out these days?
      thanks Dan! I've been focused on this old car the machine shop has been taking forever on my block and I'm at a stand still on my sn95 :(

      Quote Originally Posted by 85coupe50 View Post
      Looks like good progress...
      Thanks hoping to start on the drivetrain mock up after Christmas and suspension!

      1966 mustang pro touring project
      1998 ysi blown cobra
      2010 harley sporster cafe conversion


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      23
      Well got the frame finished for the most part, finishing up the front suspension minus a few things. Got the wheel sizes and tires sorted out as well. Its coming along really well now just need to start on the rear suspension next! Here is some progress pics, let me know what you guys think.Name:  IMG_2354.jpg
Views: 2407
Size:  88.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_2345.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  62.6 KB
      ]Name:  IMG_2342.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  73.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_2285.jpg
Views: 2135
Size:  70.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_2238.jpg
Views: 2121
Size:  122.0 KB
      ]Name:  IMG_2239.jpg
Views: 2061
Size:  125.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_2236.jpg
Views: 2090
Size:  129.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_1922.jpg
Views: 2089
Size:  104.6 KB
      Name:  IMG_2380.jpg
Views: 2137
Size:  57.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_2403.jpg
Views: 2181
Size:  61.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_2445.jpg
Views: 2099
Size:  53.5 KB
      Name:  IMG_2464.jpg
Views: 2041
Size:  38.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_2474.jpg
Views: 2143
Size:  38.3 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      1966 mustang pro touring project
      1998 ysi blown cobra
      2010 harley sporster cafe conversion

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Beaufort,SC
      Posts
      329
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice update love the lightening holes.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      169
      Awesome work! Great Fab Skills!
      64 Mercury Comet
      408w boosted
      More boost on the way!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by no go nova View Post
      Nice update love the lightening holes.
      Thanks thought it would add some taste and a crush zone to absorb impact if I ever crash!
      Quote Originally Posted by injcted View Post
      Awesome work! Great Fab Skills!
      Thanks a lot my first time doing fab work on this scale!
      1966 mustang pro touring project
      1998 ysi blown cobra
      2010 harley sporster cafe conversion

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States
      Super nice work , I see a bow or radius in the top rails where the front fenders bolt on, how did you determine this ? and what is the
      dimensions ? I'm going to have to do this. since so much welding was done on mine they warped . Thanks for taking the time to document
      your build , it really helps guys like myself.

      Vern

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Chandler, Az (from west NE)
      Posts
      240
      Country Flag: United States
      Pretty nice outcome for a first project. May I ask where you sourced the C5 crossmember and frame plates? Are you using a 'vette rack and pinion too? Seems everyone is doing this, but if it works, who cares and there's no guesswork involved. Thanks for sharing
      Ric

      2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      64
      Country Flag: United States
      I remember following this project back in '15. What stage is it in currently? I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Burlington KY
      Posts
      357
      Country Flag: United States
      looks interesting enough
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Laurens, SC
      Posts
      67
      I'ld like to hear updates on this project as well. Did the car get finished?

      I was racking my brain how I wanted to start the frame build for my early Ranchero and this build gave me some really good ideas how I want to do it.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com