Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 5 of 5
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      41
      Country Flag: United States

      2nd car to add to the family.

      I'm still able to be considered a new member here but I have another car to add to the family. First I'll reintroduce myself. I'm Dave. MSgt Reed for about 195 more days and then I'm retired from 21 years of Air Force service. Kids, hunting and cars take up my life. Once I find a job for some play money, I'll start hitting the cars heavy. I'm working on building my shop next year too so the cars have to be somewhat on hold. I'm searching threads and forums and pics for ideas heavily though. I might have an idea by the time I start on this one.

      Here's the current Fairlane project I've been working on.









      I just picked up this 70 Maverick.
      I need to decide what I want to do with it. It's ready for some mini-tubs and a big block the way he set up the rear.







      I really wanted to do a pro touring idea with a small block and a 5 speed but it's so well setup for drag. Not sure. depends on what engine setup I find available.


      My 63 Fairlane is going well with the DOHC but I think for the Maverick, I'm surely going to stick with the carb and blower if I go small block.


      Anyways, that's me. I hope to be around and contribute here as I do on my other forums.

      Thanks
      Dave


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Tampa, FL
      Posts
      127
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome! I was in the Air Force 10 years. It has crossed my mind to take a rolling drag car and built it for pro-touring. A lot of them already have the body and frame work done. I probably wont live long enough to build all the projects that live in my mind.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Posts
      49,371
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome & Thank You for your Service!

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard Dave and congrats on the pending retirement!

      Whatever direction you end up going on your projects, post updates so we can follow along!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      41
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys. I can't wait to start this thing. I'm sure I'll plan this out and then get a great offer on the car and maybe pass it on as I'm just like you latamud, too many plans and projects but I don't have the time to get to them.


      Dave




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com