Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 3 of 3

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Posts
      1
      Country Flag: United States

      68 Camaro from New York

      Hi guys. Name is Steve. I just purchased a 68 Camaro and am looking to upgrade all the suspension, steering, braking, and even the motor.



      The car is a manual steering, drum brake car. Has a 350 in it but it is not the original and probably just a two bolt main looking at how they just spray painted everything orange on the motor and took no care into the motor.Transmission is a Muncie M-21 and the rear is a 12 bolt (unknown gearing since the car is being shipped to new york from texas and hasnt arrived yet).

      I am waiting to do an air ride suspension, power steering with quicker gear box, wilwood 6 piston caliper 12 inch rotors up from and 4 piston caliper in rear. Motor unsure of as of yet. Maybe LS3 maybe Merlin motor. Dont know.

      Quest for car.. I want a fast cruiser which handles like a newer car, squats beautifully (not the tire all the way up in the wheel well but maybe an inch off the top of tire), and has a pro tour look.

      I dont do the twisties with any of my cars. I usually 1/4 mile each car but this one is not being built for the track. Its being built for comfort since my 5 year old daughter is looking forward to driving in the car.


      Any suggestions would be great for parts and whatnot.

      I am located in Suffolk County Long Island, New York. I will NOT be doing the work myself. If anyone is local and knows a good shop that deals with pro-touring and older cars, I would be greatful.

      You can always email me at [email protected] with any suggestions or questions.

      Thank you.

      Looking forward to being a part of this community



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com