Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      G-ville OH
      Posts
      17
      Country Flag: United States

      New guy - Long time lurker...building a 55 Chevy 2dr Sedan

      Hello all. You guys and gals have some amazing rides!! There is some great inspiration here!

      I am a little better than 1/2 way thru my build. On a budget doing everything myself that I can. It is a 210 model that has had an eventful life. Drag car for many years...last time on the street was in 1972!! Rusted to no end when I got it, metal work is now 90%. New floor pan, trunk pan, inner and outer wheelwells, 1/2 qtrs, rockers, etc.!!

      Will have a somewhat old school look/feel with improved handling/drivability with 4 corner coilovers/17/18 in Torque Thrust II's. Hence the name Newstalgia1!!

      Specs:

      RR - Heidts Triangulated 4 link suspension. Heidts adjustable coilovers
      FR - Narrowed 2nd gen Camaro subframe w/tubular upper A-arms. QA1 coilovers
      Eventually a complete custom Chassis built by me.
      18 x 9.5 and 17 x 7 Torq Thrust II wheels. Nitto tires.
      4 wheel disc - eventually Wilwoods


      9in Rr Narrowed to 55in. 3:50 gears. Auburn Posi.

      TH-350 trans. 3,000 stall.
      Eventually TKO 5 spd. Aluminum driveshaft.

      Oldskool smallblock 355...yet to be built.

      Mods:

      Custom headers / exhaust
      210 belt line stainless trim shaved
      FR/RR window stainless removed
      Custom chassis stiffening
      Custom sway bar
      Modded inner fenders
      Custom core support
      Flush mounted M/C
      Gas door filled / moved to trunk
      Hood bird removed / trunk lid smoothed
      Wing windows removed

      Looking forward to being a part of Pro-touring.com!!



      Greg
      Attached Images Attached Images          


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Posts
      49,371
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome!

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      Northern Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      33
      Country Flag: Canada

      New guy - Long time lurker...building a 55 Chevy 2dr Sedan

      Yes welcome,love the stance

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      Mid-Michigan
      Posts
      2,764
      Country Flag: United States
      Lots of work, looks good. Be careful narrowing that front sub. It does affect the steering geometry and ackerman.
      I just picked up a '56 wagon that needs floors. Outside looks okay. I went with the TTII's in 17 and 18 also.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      G-ville OH
      Posts
      17
      Country Flag: United States

      Update - Chassis nearly complete!!

      I have the Heidts 4 link welded in, exhaust nearly finished, gas tank mounted. Getting ready to fab the trans crossmember and engine frame mounts.

      Cant seem to load pics at the moment. I'll try again later.

      Greg
      [SIGPIC]

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      533
      Welcome. The car is looking good.
      Sam
      Northern UT.
      '68 Camaro "Bodacious"
      '56 210 2dr "Buckshot"




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com