Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 245
    1. #61
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Picked these up, thought they were kinda cool.


    2. #62
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Seattle area
      Posts
      360
      Are you going make the hood functional ? its not hard to do.And your build is coming along nicely.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    3. #63
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      It was a thought, but my cowl piece is damaged on the front and back right corner mount from the previous owner tightening them down too tight. So I really need a new one. I do have a little problem of hood clearance and getting enough airflow. I was also thinking about going with a 2" cowl hood.

      Nice looking Camaro you got there! I like that blue!

    4. #64
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Seattle area
      Posts
      360
      There is a way to make a cold air box for what ever hood you use,Just use your factory air filter base with K&N replacement for your stock air filter with a K&N "pro-flow top.and a 1980-1 hood seal.That seal your hood and takes car of your airflow issues.I did something similar on my 1979 camaro .But I used a 1980-1 Z-28 hood brace as well.

    5. #65
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the information. I had been looked at those "pro flow" tops. I was considering it, but that would not help my current situation without having to get a 80-81 Z induction set up or modifiing my 78-79 style cowl on the car. I also never had a factory air filter base. So getting to the cost of finding one and doing all the modifications I think I'd prefer to get the 2" cowl hood that I was originally looking at doing. This would allow me to have a little taller air filter say 3" where I'm at a 2" one now. Kinda like the look of the 2" cowl as well.

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Drew up a quick sketch diagram of how I think I'm going to do this set up. I don't like the wire lengths of some of this stuff and where I'd be forced to put the LED control boxes under the hood. I want all this stuff under the dash. So I'm going to add wire and relocate plugs for most of the set up. Then the only thing going into the engine bay would be the wires to the LED's on the headlights and the main power feed to the battery with a fuse at my junction box which is right by the battery.


    7. #67
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Over the weekend update. Got the Halo headlights installed. That took longer than I had hoped. I had to rewire just about everything to get the wires long enough to mount everything where I wanted it. No problem, just time consuming. I had the center bulb covers (diffusers?) powder coated black. Iron Horse the local powder coater did them for me real quick on Friday so I could get this project done over the weekend. They turned out really nice. I'm pretty happy with them so far. Of course they have no real function other than show or if you want to use the halo as a day time running light. Now I can get back to finishing the speaker kick panels.






    8. #68
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Quick video of the Halo lights in fade mode.


    9. #69
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the speaker kick panels done over the weekend and ready to install today.










    10. #70
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Got the kick panels installed! I'm very happy with how they turned out.








    11. #71
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Started up and put about 30 miles on it Saturday. Everything checks good and running great. Other than a couple of small items I think I am done with this till this coming winter. Then I'll figure out the parking brake situation. Just going to enjoy the car for the season. It's also time to get started on the IROC project I've had going, but had to stop since it sits in storage during the winter. That still needs its trunk motor repaired and door hinge pins replaced before I go too much further with it. Really only needs driver side, but I'm going to do both.

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Been a while since I posted. No update on the 80 at the moment. Been plugging away at the IROC when I haven't been busy with other obligations. I have a few things I do want to do to it this winter though. I want to get the parking brakes figured out as to how I want to do them. Still want to redo my shackles to see if I can get any of the side lean out of the car. Looking at building a couple of lower dash hush panels to cover up the wiring from under the dash. Possibly redo the trunk and how I have the sub in there. Then I think I'm going to tint my front side marker and rear tail light lenses and possibly get the sequential tail lights from Digi-tails. Still considering a 2" cowl hood, but haven't talked myself into that yet. There's other small stuff I want to do that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

    13. #73
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Took the Camaro out after work for a bit and got a bunch of pictures and a quick video of it at idle.





















      Last edited by andrewb70; 10-29-2016 at 08:55 AM.

    14. #74
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      I decided to go ahead and get an AMD 2" cowl hood. The hood fits great. Wasn't much of any trouble getting it lined up and it lines up pretty well. Right now it is pushing up on the left side of the hood. Tried to adjust the back down and the front up. When I did, I found that the rivet holding the two pieces of hinge together is pretty worn out and I think it's causing the hinge to be sprung a little when closed pushing up on the hood. Should have another hinge on in a week or two. I still need to clean the hood of all the sticky packing stuff tonight. Put the 3" air filter I ordered with the hood on there now and I can finally use my Edelbrock air cleaner lid that I bought many years ago. I will get some more pictures once I get the car outside in the daylight.















    15. #75
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Cleaned up the hood and got it outside for some pictures.







































    16. #76
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States
      Got this custom spoiler piece made up from a member on another forum and I think it turned out pretty sweet. I also had to replace my left spoiler piece so I just shot them all with paint real quick to match till the car gets painted. Here are some pictures of the spoiler.






















    17. #77
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      H-Town, TX
      Posts
      356
      Country Flag: United States
      I really like how that spoiler looks- I thought about doing something similar on my 72

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Fond Du Lac,Wisconsin
      Posts
      190
      Country Flag: United States
      Spoiler does look nice. nice job

    19. #79
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Dixon, IL
      Posts
      270
      Country Flag: United States

    20. #80
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Tulsa, OK
      Posts
      112
      Quote Originally Posted by J. Chris Davis View Post
      I want to get the parking brakes figured out as to how I want to do them. Still want to redo my shackles to see if I can get any of the side lean out of the car.
      Sometimes side lean is a result of incorrectly installed front springs, if the side lean is only really noticeable from the rear it might be a front spring that isn't in the correct position in the upper pocket of the subframe. Waiting to see what you come up with on the E-Brake and why did you got backwards on the dash?


      1980 Z/28 383, Vortec heads, 2004R 342.1 powertrac
      1971 Firebird on rotisserie
      2006 Dodge Daytona Charger
      "Torred" # 1988 of 2000
      2013 Hot Wheels Edition 2 SS Camaro
      "I'm Not a Gynecologist, but I'll Take a Look"


    Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com