Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Results 101 to 120 of 184
    1. #101
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      orlando FL where the hot panties are
      Posts
      102
      Country Flag: United States
      this is a very nice build you have yourself oil guy...I'm subscribing now.

      The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend...

      MY BUILD https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ra-1-Contender


    2. #102
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks. It's a fun project.

    3. #103
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      46
      What front suspension are you going with again? Great build, love the ACvents

    4. #104
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      118
      Country Flag: United States
      Great build! Can't wait to see the finished product!
      Eddie

    5. #105
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks. It's back on the ground and the question with the wheel fit is answered. I'm not very happy with the ride height on the front. In this pic it is completely aired out. I did not get the lowered spindles on the vendors recommendation when I first bought the kit. After seeing this I will be replacing these spindles with the 2" dropped versions. More pics to come once this is sorted out. By the way those are 255X40X17's on 8" wide wheels all tucked under the fender with no flare.

      Joe I went with TCI.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    6. #106
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Ready to order the rear shockwaves, lowered spindles, the compressor and air management system. Corey and crew are blocking the car and getting ready for paint. The doors will go on Monday. The engine and transmission should also go in next week.

      I really am happy with the way things are moving along.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

    7. #107
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      46
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1542
Size:  451.7 KBI've decided to go with opentracker suspension up front with the crites spring relocation in the rear minitubbed. This is what it looks like now. I love your stance

    8. #108
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks. My goal was as low as possible with the widest tires possible, still be able to retain the back seat and remain a quality ride with good performance. I believe we've accomplished this although I've yet to drive it I'm confident it will meet those goals as well.

      We've been busy.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    9. #109
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      The lowered spindles have not yet arrived for the front. Today is the first time the car has been outside on its own 4 wheels in over a year and a half. In this picture the rear shockwave is not yet installed. The rear is sitting on the bump stops and is still able to roll without rubbing. We are going to install the rear shockwaves next week and do a trial fit of the air system.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    10. #110
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Can anyone give me some advice. Will a stock hood fit over a 351W with a Edlebrock RPM manifold along with TCI front crossmember? I need to order a hood and would prefer a stock hood. If it won't fit I will use a cowl hood. I might have to buy both, paint and do a trial fit after the engine is installed. We've decided to paint the car before the final installation of the engine and driveline.

    11. #111
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Don't know the answer I'm afraid. Why not buy the stock hood and if it doesn't fit turn it into a cowl hood? Could stay all metal.
      Looking very good!
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    12. #112
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      I couldn't find anyone who knew the answer to my hood question so I bought both a factory hood and a Fiberglass Cowl hood. Both will be painted and I'll choose the one that works the best.

      The lowered spindles came in. I have to say TCI is an awesome company to work with. I highly recommend them. The look is right what I was hoping for. Any lower would have required modifying the car to a point I couldn't use the rear seat and brought on many more problems. The first picture is straight on. The next picture shows the rake and the suspension fully aired out and finally the last picture is the control arms. At ride height the will be parallel and there will be between 1 and 1 1/2" above the top of the tire.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    13. #113
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Returned the stock hood as it was damaged in shipping. The Maier cowl hood should be in any day that is what will live on the car. Decided to wait on installing the engine until after paint. Will hopefully have more updates to share in next few weeks.

    14. #114
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Rear shockwaves are on and the hood is in. I really hope it has paint on it this month.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    15. #115
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      135
      Country Flag: United States
      Great work, love the STANCE

    16. #116
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thank you very much. I'm pretty happy with how it sits now. I am however reconsidering my wheel choice. I think 18" wheels would fill the wheel wells much better. I went with 17's due to the difficulty in finding a 315 street tire in 18". Any recommendations? I'll probably just leave the wheels alone until the car is finished.

    17. #117
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      CT.
      Posts
      742
      Perfect stance!!



      Glenn

      1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

      My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

    18. #118
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      British Columbia
      Posts
      509
      Quote Originally Posted by I_make_oil View Post
      Thank you very much. I'm pretty happy with how it sits now. I am however reconsidering my wheel choice. I think 18" wheels would fill the wheel wells much better. I went with 17's due to the difficulty in finding a 315 street tire in 18". Any recommendations? I'll probably just leave the wheels alone until the car is finished.
      I went with a 295/35/18 (in my 68 Cougar) which is only 1/2" narrower than the 315 and it's still a big tire . I also went with the TCI kit up front .

    19. #119
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      I got to spend some time with my car today. Here are a few pics.

      New hood hinge.
      Attached Images Attached Images          

    20. #120
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Met with a member from another board who was in town and wanted to see the Mustang. She is in final primer and will hopefully be going into paint next week. Tomorrow the dash and steering column should be painted.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com