Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 81 to 100 of 184

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States

      My wife's old car. '66 Mustang

      Well I figured it was time I started a build thread as this is the site that motivated me to build this car. In my introduction when I first joined the site I told the story of how we came to own the car and described my initial plan. Well reading this forum and driving the car with a modified inline 6 quickly convinced me to go another direction. I work in the oil industry in West Africa so my time home is very important to me. I also know my limited fabrication skills will extend the length of time this build will take and also effect the level of quality of the finished product. So I've chosen to use a builder out of Gonzales Louisiana.



      Corey Fisher is a friend of mine from another site I post on who owns a body shop in Gonzales Louisiana, Fisher Collision. We have similar ideas about what we like so I think it'll be a good fit as my builder.

      I want my car to be fun to drive, comfortable, turn heads and really perform. Something that I really like is fat tires on classic Mustangs. I mean really fat tires. 315's fat. That's difficult to do and I've rarely seen it on them so that's a priority for me. I don't like to see fat back tires overwhelm the fronts so the fronts will also be wide. I'm going with a 4 link suspension on the rear and a Rod and Custom MII on the front. Initially I was planning on going with shock waves on both front and rear but discussions with a rep at Rod and Customs convinced me otherwise. I'd love to go that way but have concerns about drive ability. How difficult is it to keep your front end aligned with air ride on the front? Anyways as of now I'll be going with coil overs. For the engine I've changed my mind a few times. Originally I was going with a 5.0 out of an 96 Explorer I bought for parts. Then I decided to go with a Coyote crate motor. But looking at other builds I decided I didn't like the way the engine looked in the car. What to do? Well my builder Corey contacted me and told me he found a great deal on a 351 W. We talked about it and I bought it. The engine once out together should put out in excess of 450hp. That's plenty for this car. Now I'm in the air about what transmission to go with. My rear will be a shortened 8.8 out of the explorer. I'm thinking about a T5 from Summit that is supposed to handle up to 600hp. Any advice on this? I guess that's it for now. Here is the project .





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com