Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 184

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Today was a HUGE milestone in my project. The engine and transmission is in the car for fiitment and mock up.

      I am heading back to the US today and hope to be able to see the car for myself on Wednesday.

      Thanks is to everyone who has followed my build and commented. I appreciate your input. It certainly has helped me in some of my decision making.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      March Serpentine kit installed.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      I haven't posted in a while. The car was on th side burner for a while due to the holidays and life. It's finally moving along again. The engine is pulled and in storage. I plan to have it tested and dynoed before it is reinstalled. The engine bay is now all together. Both front fenders have been fit and the car is on a rotisserie so the bottom can be blasted, welded out and undercoated with a rubberized bed liner.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Blasting the bottom.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Bottom is all welded up, primed and seam sealer is going on. Once that is finished the bed liner will be spayed on. I need to order my rear brakes now. The rear is off for assembly. Coming along nicely. I wish we would have had a rotisserie soner it would have made things much easier and faster. Live and learn.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Ok. The rear differential is all done. The engine is completed and going to the Dyno tuner to have the cam run in and tuned and to be dynoed. They are expecting it to come in between 550 and 600 hp I will believe it when I see it. I'd be thrilled with 400. Hopefully the bottom will be sprayed soon and it can start going together. That will not be the air filter that lives on the car. It is just until it goes in the car.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Burlington KY
      Posts
      357
      Country Flag: United States
      looking good. My car spent almost two years on the rotisserie. As soon as i could that thing was down. Nice build
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Houston
      Posts
      97
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking great, keep up the great work. Lots of similarities to what I am doing with my '66 coupe.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the comments. It's finally moving along again. Here is is getting the bottom sprayed with bed liner.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      I have the lizard skin on the way. It's back up right side for a bit of final body work and then the engine bay will be sprayed body color before it begins to go together. I'll post up some more pics in the next few days. Hopefully it will be a roller in the next week or so. Also have the new AC coming in from Restomod air.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      427
      Country Flag: United States

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks. The vent cowl is close in now. Next is shaving the dash. I want to remove the ash tray, AC controls and smooth every thing.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Time for an update. I bought my AC components from Restmod AC. The quality is excellent. I went with a Haymaker which is a bit big for my car but living in Louisiana I wanted to move as much air as possible. To be able to tuck it as high under the dash as possible we built brackets to hold it off the firewall and raise it up. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It allows easier running of the hoses from the firewall to the unit and will allow me to better hide the wiring. My center console will be in front of the part hanging down. I'm going to try to run AC ducts thru my center console for rear vents.

      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  69.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  93.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  103.0 KB

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm installing a much larger radiator to help with cooling my stroker motor. The battery will also mount in the trunk to help make room. Next is to fab up the AC condensor mounts.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      The fire wall is cleaned up and primed. In this picture the radiator opening had yet to be modified. The factory radiator was MUCH smaller.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Good work. If you have not planned to install additional sound deadener and insulation after the lizard skin, I would like to encourage you to do so. It appears to me that you want this to be as good as it can be. I find that the more I install, the better it is. Did you get the dyno results yet?

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the recommendation. I've really been kicking it around in my head weather or not to install Dynamat or not. I'm for sure installing it to the firewall, tunnel, roof and doors. Your recommendation has pushed me more towards just doing the entire car.

      I have been unable to find anyone local who can/will Dyno it for me out the car. I'm just going to cross my fingers we don't have any problems with it during break in after its installed. If I was doing it over I would buy a crate engine.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      Sacramento,Ca
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: United States
      I recommend using lizard skin, it works really well with heat and sound.

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the recommendation. I already bought the lizard skin. I'm just thinking about also doing Dynamat in addition to the Lizard skin.

      Finished mounting the AC Condenser. Now it's all apart and primed. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's a link for the insulation I use: http://www.lobucrod.com
      This was the sound deadener I used in my last build: http://www.thermotec.com/products/14...ntrol-mat.html
      There's plenty of places to buy the mat. I paid around $50 for a 3x5 size. There's lots of choices for sound mat. Some is too cheap. I also used Dynadeck for a floor mat. That's a really nice product.

    Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com