Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 184

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Killer build man! I like that 4 link

      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks. Yours was a big inspiration for parts of mine. With all of the work you already have in your's you should go with the 4link. You will be much happier when your done.

      I ordered the Mustangs to Fear engine bay panels. The motor is going together. As Corey said the collision side of his shop has picked up but hopefully he will be able to get back to this one soon. We had talked about the car being finished in time for Crusing the Coast in October but I just don't see that happening. Right now I'd like to see it done for Christmas but I'm not going to rush thru this. It's more important to me it be done right than to rush any of it. I've finally decided on the hood for the car and will be going with a Maier Cowl hood.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by I_make_oil View Post
      Thanks. Yours was a big inspiration for parts of mine. With all of the work you already have in your's you should go with the 4link. You will be much happier when your done.
      .
      Naw, the leafs always rode great to me. Plus I have everything complete, no need to tear it all back down again for a small gain.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      4,709
      Country Flag: United States
      Dude who is feeding you BS about air ride and alignment? I ran air ride from 04 through 09(not running right now) and its still on my 78 C10 and I have zero issues with alignment. You set your ride height, align the car and your done. Unless you try to lay frame and drive 1000 miles or try to max it out and look like big foot and drive 1000 miles. The alignment has to do with suspension hard parts, ride height is from the air ride. AND as for ride and handling AND load level control you wont find better setup. Ridetech/Air Ride Technologies pushed it to where we are today. I remember reading John Hotchkis in an article saing air ride was only for fair grounds and laying frame,,,,,,,check out Ridetech equipped autocrossers.
      I remember hearing the round bell ring when Hotchkis said that,,,now lots of people run air ride.
      You want ride with handling and adjustability and quality, call Ridetech. And now Ridetech has even stepped up the coil over playing field. Go big or go home is Ridetech game, and Bret does that, heck his sig say if it breaks fix it and he keeps setting the bar higher for innovation and quality.
      Shockwave are what he keeps pushing me to run on my Caprice, had the idea to use air springs ("air bags") but still "debating" options.
      Nice car, yeah I know what you say about Mustangs not having enough tire in back.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

      1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Things have slowed a little and Corey's been able to get some work done on the car. Engine bay panels are on the way finally. Rear differential is finally back together and going under the car later today/tomorrow for 4 link brackets. We will also take the measurements for the rear Shockwaves. Once it's all fitted and welded up it goes off for powder coating. Ordered a billet AC/heater bulkhead plate, Lokar accelerator pedal and modern driveline clutch master cylinder. Hope to have the engine bay completely mocked and smoothed in the next few weeks. Then the front fenders will go on and we will get to see how the wheels fit with the 255's up front. Moving along again!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Here is the 4 link brackets being installed on the rear end.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Here it is back on the ground at ride height. I'm sure Corey will post up better pics. I'm out of the country until next week.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      427
      Country Flag: United States

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      The 4 link I ordered was not made for an 8.8 differential. The axle tubes have a larger diameter on mine. Corey had to modify them and lengthen them to fit the tubes. Work is still ongoing.

      I ordered a billet flange for the steering column. Once everything is in the engine bay work will continue.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Very cool build, let me know if you need anything!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Josh. I'll be contacting you soon.

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Got my Wilwood hydralic clutch set up from Modern driveline and my steering column flange in. Also received my Mustangs to fear engine bay panels. Not very happy with the fit of those. Will return them and go a different direction there. Have a few ideas about how to clean things up. Will post up pics as we move forward in the engine bay. Corey is still working on the rear 4 link to get more travel.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Gonzales, LA
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States

      Quick update on the Stang!

      Name:  10527730_712318635508097_1152798918232112065_n.jpg
Views: 1942
Size:  55.6 KB
      Name:  10346393_711390912267536_5235465489889684615_n.jpg
Views: 1971
Size:  67.3 KB
      Name:  10420410_710841368989157_6033421292781792088_n.jpg
Views: 1971
Size:  66.4 KB
      Name:  10439405_700748243331803_5508835683263345134_n.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  82.6 KB

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Corey's doing an excellent job. The car is really coming along. I think the before and after of the firewall is pretty cool, it's not finished but well on its way. Josh at ridetech has been very helpful in sorting the rear suspension as far as geometry questions. In fact every time we've called him he's been helpful. Thank you Josh.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Engine still going together. It's nearly done at the machine shop. T5 transmission is in from G-force. Ordered RPM adjustable motor mounts, transmission crossmember and transmission mount from CJ Pony parts. Shifter fork, hyd clutch slave cylinder, shifter etc from Modern driveline and the fuel tank from Mustangs to Fear. The fenders are rolled and work to the dash and closing off of the cowl vents is ongoing. Hopefully the engine and tranny will be installed for mock up soon and the rest of the front sheetmetal finished. Once this is all complete I will order a hood and be ready to tear it apart for finishing and paint. I am so ready to see this thing in paint with all 4 wheels on the ground.

      My wife and I have attended several car shows here recently trying to get ideas for the interior of the car and it's got me looking for the next project. This one will be her car when it's finished, I'm building a '68 Corvette convertable for myself. I want to finish this one first.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      The engine mounts, transmission crossmember, mount and all of the clutch parts are in as well as the fuel tank. Today Corey picked up the block and heads from the machine shop and dropped it off with the builder. Will post up more pictures as progress is made.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Vancouver, Wa
      Posts
      8
      Country Flag: United States
      WOW very exciting.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      I was going to paint the engine Ford blue. But seeing it mocked up have decided to go with black. I really think it makes the billet stand out. The tank fits like a glove. Corey is getting the transmission together and hopefully the engine and transmission will mocked up on the car by next week.

      Now I need to order my radiator.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      RPM adjustable motor mounts. Has any one used them? Any opinions? I bought a pair to use on my car but am throughly unimpressed with the quality of them. Also they don't warranty them? I am not going to put these on my car. I'm just going to go with plain regular motor mounts and return these. If I need to make modifications to my transmission tunnel then so be it. Any recommendations on a good quality Cowl Induction hood for my Mustang? I will need the room to clear my engine. I like the way the one on Ron's $5000.00 Mustang looks I think he said it was a Maier from CJ Pony Parts? I've looked at their site and they don't specify that their hood is a Maier. I want the best quality I can get is that a Maier?

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      I finally decided on my pulley and accessory system. I went with a March Revolver. When It comes in I hope to have it on the engine for the mock up. I wanted a good serpentine system with a passenger side mid mount for my AC compressor. I think the March systems are very cool looking too. Derrick over at March was a big help in picking out the right package for my needs. Hopefully I'll have some new pictures to share soon.

    Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com