Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 184
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Camberdually, thanks for the reply. I have a PM to Josh@ridetech. I'm thinking I will go with the shockwaves. I like the adjustability.



    2. #22
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Yesterday I ordered my front suspension. After talking to Josh at ridetech and looking at my options I decided to go with the TCI Mustang II front end. I ordered from Stang-aholics. I went with a TCI Mustang II front end, Power Steering, single adjustable Shockwaves, standard spindles, and Wilwood brakes. I wanted 2'' lowered spindles but TCI recommended against it with the Shockwaves. I also got a Wilwood Master Cylinder. Can't wait to get it all in and installed.

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Ordered my Ididit column and linkages yesterday from Stangaholics will be 2 weeks out with the features I ordered. Corey and crew are doing body work right now and still waiting on the front suspension from TCI. I'd kinda like to hold off on the rear until the front is installed and I can have the correct ride height settings for the 4 link. Also waiting to order my rear shockwaves until I have a better idea on the ride height.Looking at the March serpentine belt kit for the front of my 351W. Any advice out there on this? Radiator, I'm looking at a Champion brand. Any recommendations?

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      16
      Country Flag: United States
      Wonder why the suggested against the drop spindles I thought the 2 inch spindles put the mustang 2 front end at a stock height. I guess the shock waves are shorter then coilovers at full extension. Let's see some picks.

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      SF Bay Area
      Posts
      463
      The T-5 should be fine. It's all about how you drive it. If you plan on dropping the clutch, or putting slicks on it, eh, maybe a T-5 isn't the right choice. For something you can drive 'normally' (whatever that means), it should be fine. And it's substantially smaller than a TKO, making fit much easier.
      chunger

      '68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Camberdually, they told me it would require to much air on the shockwave to achive ride hight which would give a rough ride. This is from TCI. I orginally ordered the 2'' drop spindles. I did a change order after their recommendations. If I'm not happy with the ride height I'll change them. I have not received the suspension yet. Once I do and it's in I'll post up pics. chunger, I decided to go with a G-force T5 from Jegs. http://www.jegs.com/p/G-Force-Transm...43711/10002/-1 I talked to G-force directly but to order from them will be a 6 to 8 week wait. Jeg's has them in stock for the same price I'd pay direct from G-force. I will be running 315's on the back and a narrowed 8.8 rear with 3.73 gears. I hope this drive train can handle the power the engine will put out and those wide tires. It all seems to work on paper...... I have seriously considered the T56 because there is no doubt about it handling the power but do not want to cut up my tunnel to make it fit. Also, I already have the shot peened bell housing for a T5. If I go T56 I'll have to get the bell housing and everything else. 99% sure I'm going T5. I still have some time before I have to commit to this.I'm looking for a serpentine system for the engine accessories right now. I'm going to run power steering and AC. Any recommendations? I've talked to March but the person I talked to on the phone was only semi helpful. Ryan at Stangaholics is trying to talk me into their system but I just don't think it looks nearly as nice as the March system. Form follows function for me though so still looking for recommendations.

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Gonzales, LA
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States
      Hello everyone! My facility is responsible for what you've seen take place thus far. This car has been a lot of fun to work on and, it's getting even funner as we get into the steering and, suspension. I will make every effort possible to post some updated photos in the next couple of days. Thanks to all who have viewed this thread and, even more to those who have shared their experiences!

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Gonzales, LA
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States

      suspension photos(as of 6/3/2014

      Here's a couple of quick pics of the front and, rear suspension. Steering and, suspension are likely my favorite part of a vehicle...Especially when you have to modify it!Name:  4 link.jpg
Views: 2807
Size:  88.1 KB

      Name:  disk.jpg
Views: 2749
Size:  83.9 KB

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Gonzales, LA
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States

      Some of the welding of the new front end

      Name:  G0124981.jpg
Views: 2763
Size:  217.0 KB

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      427
      Country Flag: United States

    11. #31
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      So far looking good. What 4 link kit is being used? I'm trying to figure out what kit would fit with an 8.8 running 18x10 (possibly 10.5) in the rear.

    12. #32
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Gonzales, LA
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States
      We went with a basic 4 link modeled after a Helix. It is supposed to be a bolt in but, we had planned to weld it anyway...It's a good thing we planned to weld it because it wouldn't fit where it was designed to since we mini-tubbed the car.

      We started on the cleaning up and, narrowing of the 8.8 last night. It isn't too bad to do, really and, it'll allow us to run the 17x10.5 with a 315 tire too!

    13. #33
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      NE Illinois (Chicago area)
      Posts
      142
      Country Flag: United States
      Did you roll the lip on the rear wells and/or narrow the frame to get those 315s to fit? I did the DSE tubs on my 65 and theres no way to get 315s in there.

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Gonzales, LA
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States
      Riles, we will be rolling the quarter lip, for sure. We also brought the frame in a couple of inches. It's going to be a tight fit but, we'll get em in there. Sometimes, you just have to get a running start to make something fit! LOL

    15. #35
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      Do you happen to have more pictures of the 4 link setup and also the rear frame rail work?

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      NE Illinois (Chicago area)
      Posts
      142
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
      Riles, we will be rolling the quarter lip, for sure. We also brought the frame in a couple of inches. It's going to be a tight fit but, we'll get em in there. Sometimes, you just have to get a running start to make something fit! LOL
      Looking good and definitely watching this build.

    17. #37
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm going to need a hood. The engine builder has concerns about the 351W fitting under a stock hood. I would prefer to use a fiberglass hood with a Shelby scoop. But he thinks I will need a Cowl induction hood for the additional room it provides. Anyone know what will work? I have the TCI IFS with the SBF mounts.

    18. #38
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Apex, NC
      Posts
      1,020
      Country Flag: United States
      I like this approach. Nice build.

    19. #39
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks. I am enjoying the process. The car won't be cutting edge PT but it will be a very nice Daily Driver car with cool features that can turn heads I hope. I also really like your car as well and have enjoyed watching it's progress. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

    20. #40
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      Gonzales, LA
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States
      At this point, I don't have any updates. The collision side of my shop has picked up big time in the last couple of weeks so, we've been trying to satisfy that. I'll post more up as soon as I get them though

    Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com