Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Results 181 to 184 of 184
    1. #181
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Berwick, South Louisiana.
      Posts
      203
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by craigF View Post
      Love this build and great to see it still on going.
      Your rear was an inspiration for my build.
      Love the way it sat down��

      Thanks Craig. Your car is pretty awesome. I’ll be glad when I finish this one. I’m already thinking about the next one.



    2. #182
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      285
      Country Flag: Australia
      Hi all
      I have had a break from the monster i have created for a few months but like all addictions it keeps calling me back.
      I could send it to a good friends body shop and get it finished but where is the fun in that.

      Anyway, it is time to make a push and see if i can't get this car int epoxy primer by Christmas.

      Next on the list was a part that has been bothering me since we removed them to remove the roof, the drip rails.
      The drips rails for the coupe are no longer available and as mine were rotten and i wanted to remove the roof mine had to go. I am not a fan of the smooth rounded look but if i couldn't solve the problem then that is how it would be.
      I got a local sheet metal shop the bend a few different profiles until i was happy with one that i thought would work and offered it up to the car.
      I have to say that i am pleased with the results and once it is primed and sealed it will look even better. The stainless mould fit on really well and you cant even see the fabricated drip rail.
      Name:  IMG_8359.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  81.1 KBName:  IMG_8360.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  88.5 KBName:  IMG_8361.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  64.1 KBName:  IMG_8358.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  75.7 KB
      [B]
      The rear of the sail panel gets a little tight but i think only the connoisseurs among us will notice.

      Name:  IMG_9013 (1).jpg
Views: 482
Size:  83.5 KBName:  IMG_9012 (1).jpg
Views: 475
Size:  72.8 KBName:  IMG_9011.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  76.1 KB

    3. #183
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      285
      Country Flag: Australia
      Next was another issue that has had me thinking, how to close off the rocker panel extension, neatly?

      This is where we are at so far with this. its still a work in progress and its getting there slowly.

      Where we started....

      Name:  20160903_123701.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  312.5 KBName:  20160903_123759.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  88.0 KB


      Where we are at now.

      Name:  IMG_9015.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  64.2 KBName:  IMG_9014.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  93.1 KB

      Coming along but still needs a good tidy and finish to make it look neat and as if it supposed to be there.
      I'm trying make a build that has subtle mods that are hard to spot with a quick glance but when you notice them it looks factory.

    4. #184
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      285
      Country Flag: Australia
      Sorry guys. Just realised I posted on the wrong thread
      I am officially a dick

    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com