Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

67 cutlass 4 wheel manual disk master cyl help?

Hi all.

I am in the process of installing a turbo lq9 ls motor into my 67 cutlass and ran into a few snags due to the up and forward header design. The 1st issue was the alternator was on the way so after a custom braket was mafe thatscall set. My other issue is my hydroboost set up has to go so I am looking for a manual master cylinder suggestion. This is a street car with 13" disks front and 12 in thr rear. What is everyone's thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mike63078 View Post
      Hi all.

I am in the process of installing a turbo lq9 ls motor into my 67 cutlass and ran into a few snags due to the up and forward header design. The 1st issue was the alternator was on the way so after a custom braket was mafe thatscall set. My other issue is my hydroboost set up has to go so I am looking for a manual master cylinder suggestion. This is a street car with 13" disks front and 12 in thr rear. What is everyone's thoughts?
      I've had good luck using both a 15/16" bore MC and am now using a Dodge 7/8" bore MC. The 15/16" MC can be sourced from any parts store or RockAuto. Look up 1977 Malibu with 6 cylinder engine and manual brakes. The 7/8" bore MC is from a 1995 Sprint with manual brakes. I run the latter now because I like a softer pedal and more pressure in the system and the Dodge MC is aluminum with a nice plastic reservoir. I have pictures of both set-ups in my build thread, link in sig.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Did the sprint master bolt right up?

Quote Originally Posted by mike63078 View Post
      Did the sprint master bolt right up?
      Not exactly, but if you're putting a turbo engine in a 67 Cutlass, you should be able to figure it out...LOL details are in my build thread. If you want a 7/8" bore MC, Wilwood makes a direct bolt in model. I just don't like it because it is 1) expensive and 2) you need to use an allen wrench to take off the cover.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com