Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 102

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Location
      FL
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States

      original dip stick shape

      Name:  TransmissionDipstickTube.jpg
Views: 3864
Size:  328.9 KB

      So those of you that want to use a TH400 in your first Gen and use an original dip stick tube, you will have to look hard. This is what it looks like, check out the multiple bends.



      After getting the car running it liked to smoke, and that was not good with me or with the wife. I set out to stop the leaks.

      I tried to find a good dip stick and due to the bends, I ended up putting in a braided hose, like a Lokar. It now looks good and the leaks is gone. Next I replaced the trans filter, and gasket. I moved to the valve cover gaskets.

      I learned this trick somewhere. I used RTV and clothe pins to keep it in place while it dried. It worked awesome. I have had the valve covers off a few times and each time I put it back on, no leaks. I took them off to adjust the valve lash. I also picked up some chrome valve covers, because you know they make you go faster....

      Name:  12.jpg
Views: 3700
Size:  143.5 KB





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com