Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States

      86 Monte with 2008 LS2, Air conditioning help please.....

      I have the Holley bracket with a Sanden SD& compressor that looks like this:


      Going to use a fitting like this to connect hoses to:




      To me the way the fitting fits on the compressor looks like there will be more clamping pressure on one side. Has anyone had any issue with this type of fitting leaking?


      I have all new AC parts for the Monte; accumulator, condensro, evaporator, orifice tube. But I need to make hoses. And I need to put the pressure switch in the line for the ECM to activate the fans when AC is on.

      I have never done it so I don't know what to use. I have found a local shop that can crimp the fittings on the hoses, I guess I can just go there to get all the fittings & hoses.

      Wondering though if anyone has a method & source to mount the pressure switch.

      THanks
      Scot
      86 Monte SS



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      I have the Holley bracket with a Sanden SD& compressor that looks like this:


      Going to use a fitting like this to connect hoses to:


      To me the way the fitting fits on the compressor looks like there will be more clamping pressure on one side. Has anyone had any issue with this type of fitting leaking?


      I have all new AC parts for the Monte; accumulator, condensro, evaporator, orifice tube. But I need to make hoses. And I need to put the pressure switch in the line for the ECM to activate the fans when AC is on.

      I have never done it so I don't know what to use. I have found a local shop that can crimp the fittings on the hoses, I guess I can just go there to get all the fittings & hoses.

      Wondering though if anyone has a method & source to mount the pressure switch.

      THanks
      Should be no issue with leaks if the flange is seated.Offsets crews have been used for years (I first saw them in 1986.) The seal is effected by O-ring compression, and as long as that compression ratio is betwen 10-20% (defined by the O-ring diameter and the gland shape) the joint will seal.

      IMO,if I were doing this I would tap the blower switch and A/C switch on the control head. Any time the HVAC fan is switched on and the A/C demand is coming from the control head, run the engine cooling fans. Reduces compressor load (ie, fans remain on when the compressor cycles off.)second choice would be power the fans (Via an uber duty relay) when the A/C clutch comes on.

      But it sound like you're trying to use a trinary switch? Can you further explain your thinking?
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

      1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States
      I am wiring it up to use the pwm fan.

      From a post on Lat-g: http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/show...=40215&page=10


      The A/C pressure sensor is wired in at pins J3-21 (reference ground), J3-37 (reference 5V), and J3-57 (signal).

      The PWM control wire is J3-64.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    4. #4
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      284
      You can get a shrader valve welded in somewhere then screw on a switch. This would allow you to put it about anywere you want.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by avewhtboy View Post
      You can get a shrader valve welded in somewhere then screw on a switch. This would allow you to put it about anywere you want.
      I dont think it is the same valve as for fuel pressure port & have not found where to get one.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      284
      Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      I dont think it is the same valve as for fuel pressure port & have not found where to get one.


      Junkyards full of them




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com