Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 198

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      886
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Raszaron View Post
      Such a great build thread, and I am familiar with letting a project take much longer than it probably should. My 1964 Chevy C20 named STEEVE took me 8 years because I put 6 other projects ahead of STEEVE. Do you have any further updates on the build since a year and half ago?

      Additionally, I like the part where you stated you decided NOT to chop the top! Not that my opinion matters on other people's builds, I just don't like the chopped look on trucks. It just does not look visually correct (proportionally).



      I am currently researching how I want to go about building my newly acquired 1978 Chevy C10 BIG10 named Big Ted. I think I know the route I want to go on it, but still in the planning phase, but I will be autocrossing and road course racing with it.

      Like you, other projects have gotten in the way of this one. George picked up a Blazer to build for an autocross bruiser. We have both driven #TCIequipped Blazers and we feel it is the cheat code to going fast. They are better balanced and just get out of a corner better than anything else (even without the top on). Ctwin will live on eventually, more than likely as a very capable street truck that gets raced occasionally. -Jason
      www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2021
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      48
      Country Flag: United States
      Ah, yes, the Blazers... I've seen some videos (ok, a lot of videos) of the trucks and Blazers out there running. It made me want to build a Blazer (so I could also haul the entire family around on cruises!). Unfortunately (for me anyway) the prices on a clean Blazer are quite steep now, and for one that is moderately built even higher! I got into the 78 at a pretty good entry price and it doesn't need much in the way of body work (plus I don't want to ruin the patina!)

      My biggest dilemma right now is figuring out if I should build my 73 Pontiac Firebird Formula (already purchased 85% of what I need to start a Pro Touring build) as it is a completely rust free chassis (the only problem is a spun bearing in the Pontiac 400). Or build the 78 C10 BIG10 (of which I haven't purchased anything for it yet but replaced the waterpump just so I could drive it.

      I've thought about just selling the Pontiac and taking that money and getting one of your Pro Touring Chassis for the 78 C10.

      But I would probably kick myself for selling the Pontiac in about two weeks after doing that!

      1964 Chevy C20 Restoratmod (STEEVE)
      1973 Firebird Formula (Fool's Gold)
      1978 Chevy C10 BIG10 (Big Ted)
      2024 Chevy 1500 3.0L Duramax (Jack)




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com