Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 10 of 10

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Posts
      18

      1992 Twin Turbo Camaro Project: 'NOTSLOW'

      I'm starting this thread hoping to restore my interest in my car and make me take down my for sale ads and get to work!



      It started a long time ago when I was 15 and my cool older cousin was selling his '88 iroc. I bought the car and had it insured in the car port before I even had my license. I learned how to drive, drive stick, and generally how to get in trouble in that car. Regrettably I sold it after high school to follow a girl around in Europe on our backpacking trip.





      I started looking for clean Irocs after working in the real world for a few years and found the cars around here were over priced for their shape. I started chasing cars in the states and landed on this car I found in Ohio.



      Thats a picture when I bought the car.



      It was featured in March 2011 GM High Tech by the previous owner. http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...o/viewall.html





      I plan to make this the best pro touring Third Gen there is. Motor and car is there but brakes and suspension have a long way to go before it's what I want it to be. Motor and wiring need a few tweaks and I plan on pulling a few more ponies out of her yet.

      If anyone has any questions or wants specific pics ask away.

      Future Mods and plans:

      Tubular k-member
      A Arms
      Coil Over
      Wilwoods or baers
      Cyber Metallic Gray (or similar gunmetal colour) paint and carbon accents
      chrome Forgelines
      mini tub

      Here is a current mod list as she sits.

      Color: Plymouth Prowler Orange
      Hood: ASCD SS Fiberglass
      Spoiler: Hawks 5" Spoiler

      Motor: 370ci Forged LQ4
      Crank: Stock
      Diamond Custom Pistons
      Callies H-I Beam Rods With upgraded thicker wrist pins.
      All ARP Fasteners
      AFR 225 Heads with ARP studs and LS9 Head Gaskets
      Speed Inc TU1 Turbo Cam
      CTSVR Lifters
      Edelbrock Victor JR. Intake and Ultra low profile Elbow
      Edelbrock 90MM Throttle Body
      ATI Superdamper

      Turbos:
      Stainless Works Up and Forward Headers.
      All stainless steel turbo piping ceramic coated
      Twin Turbonetics GTK 650's T4 with .68 Housings.
      Twin Tial MVS38 Wastgates
      Turbonetics Godzilla BOV
      Turbosmart Street Electronic Boost Controller

      Transmission:
      T56 Rebuilds- Stage 2B T56 6 speed
      MCleod Street Twin Clutch
      Mcleod Hydraulic Master Cylinder
      B&M shifter.

      Rear:
      Strange S60 with 3.50 Gears and Upgraded Rear End Cover
      Strange 3" Chromeoly Driveshaft with Chromeoly Yokes



      Suspension:
      Spohn LCA's
      Spohn Torque Arm and Crossmember
      Spohn Subframes

      Fuel:
      Magnafuel 4301 External pump with sumped tank.
      Magnafuel dual filters and magnafuel regulator.

      Interior:
      Full Autometer Cobalt series gauges in custom gauge surround.
      Full 4'th gen interior
      Leather racing buckets
      Full Cage
      Corbeu 3 pt. street harnesses

      Wheels:
      C6 z06 Black Motorsports 18x9.5
      275/35/18 BFD KDW streets in front and drag radials out back.








    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com