Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Results 81 to 100 of 196
    1. #81
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      dallas, tx
      Posts
      1,731
      Country Flag: United States
      looks slow. your car has a black eye lol



    2. #82
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Dallas TX
      Posts
      1,633
      Sweet build. You are in good hands with Rodney.

    3. #83
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      looks slow. your car has a black eye lol
      This comment is coming from a guy whose car does not yet have an engine or transmission...
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    4. #84
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Celina, Texas
      Posts
      360
      Quote Originally Posted by mmosley View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Y-TRY View Post
      Great project. I see your car every time I go up there. I wish they'd hurry with yours so they could get to mine. I have the Camaro two slots down from you (in background of your hood pic).
      Well, the YELLOW camaro on the other side of yours is in front of mine... so we both are waiting. And the little side projects keep sneaking in... I guess it will all get done eventually. Is yours going to be yellow also? Mine is bucking the trend - it will be green!
      Yes, I'm going back to yellow. That other one is out if the booth and looks great.

    5. #85
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Y-TRY View Post
      Yes, I'm going back to yellow. That other one is out if the booth and looks great.
      I saw it yesterday, turned out better than I expected. It is definitely yellow! I uploaded a picture on Rod's website:

      http://www.rodscarcraft.com/customer...tour/DSC03025s
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    6. #86
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      dallas, tx
      Posts
      1,731
      Country Flag: United States
      except he ordered the wrong size rims for his car and wrong rear end length. The yellow 67 owner is slightly upset

    7. #87
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Celina, Texas
      Posts
      360

      1968 Barracuda in Plano Texas

      That's a shame. I saw the Forgelines ready to go on. Very nice. Was it the owner's doing or the shop?

      Did anyone go to Rodney's workshop Saturday?

    8. #88
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      Sachse, TX
      Posts
      16
      Country Flag: United States
      There were probably 8-10 of us there on Saturday.

    9. #89
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Y-TRY View Post
      That's a shame. I saw the Forgelines ready to go on. Very nice. Was it the owner's doing or the shop?

      Did anyone go to Rodney's workshop Saturday?
      The guy tried to order the right stuff, between him and the vendor it somehow got mixed up. Rodney was not involved in ordering the rear end or wheels but is now helping the guy resolve the issue with the supplier.

      I was at the shop Saturday from about 8:30am till about 1:30pm... I was the token non-Camaro owner. My 11 year old and I installed the rear tires, swapped the spindles L to R, installed 3" studs on the front and took a few pictures.
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    10. #90
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States

      Tire Clearance

      I made a 1" spacer for the rear out of 5/16" spacer and some washers to mock up the tire to simulate a wider wheel/tire combo relative to the outside lip.

      Minimum clearance at the outside on the rear went to 1/2" from the stock wheel lip. The stock wheel lip is nearly 1" wide, it will be getting rolled to provide a little more room. Probably go ahead and run a 1/2" spacer with this wheel and tire, which would take it in 1/2" vs. the pictures.

      Here is a picture of the inside clearance at the closest point. At the top inside there is more room.



      That 295 just disappeared into the wheel well. According to Falken the 295/40 is 11.8" section and 27.2" tall. The Michelin Pilot Sport 345/30-19 is advertised at 13.8" section and 27.2" tall. That may just barely fit. With glass, gas, people and the interior the rear end will sit down a bit more. Tank is 32 gallons, I had icemanrd19 sit on the rear bumper (he weighs about the same as a full tank) and the lip was almost level with the top of the tire.

      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    11. #91
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      dallas, tx
      Posts
      1,731
      Country Flag: United States
      staggered set of fr500s would give me a wheel boner.

    12. #92
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      staggered set of fr500s would give me a wheel boner.
      You tire guys are all the same. I would have to turn the hose on you to get you off my car if I had 345/30-19 on the back with a set of step lip Forgelines.
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    13. #93
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States
      This morning..





      By lunchtime, mellow yellow primer:





      This afternoon, plum crazy guidecoat:

      Last edited by mmosley; 04-05-2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: photobucket links
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    14. #94
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      dallas, tx
      Posts
      1,731
      Country Flag: United States
      hummmmm. i like the purple.

    15. #95
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States
      I believe that is 1958 Impala purple... otherwise known as something that was left over in a spray paint can from a previous job. I'm just lucky it wasn't a certain Copper color, you wouldn't let me hear the end of that.

      http://www.rodscarcraft.com/customer....php/58-Impala
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    16. #96
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States

      Block Sanding

      ... and sanding continues.



      Last edited by mmosley; 04-07-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: fixed links
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    17. #97
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States
      Block sanding is done, final prime on the fenders, doors, decklid, header panel, front valance, and hood are done.

      Put the car back on the Rotisserie today so they can do the final primer and finishing work for the inside, underneath, and outside of the body. My son Alec and I went to the body shop at 8am, pulled the engine, transmission, front suspension, brakes, wheels, rear axle, and rear suspension. Put the car on the rotisserie, removed the wiper motor and a few other odds and ends still on the car. We left at 11:15, ate some lunch and went to a car show...
      Sure makes things easier when you have a lift and air tools you can use.

      First picture shows the 2x2 cross brace Sam installed. We started w/ the XV brace, modified it to the correct width, raised it to match the height of the factory piece, cut pockets in the corners to clear the cross flow radiator, put nutserts into the front for the latch support to bolt to, and added stand offs to the corners for the front valance attachment points. Sam also cleaned up the edges where the radiator opening had been expanded to fully expose my 27-1/2"x19" radiator core.

      Second picture shows the engine-transmission-suspension assembly which drops out as one complete unit with the removal of a whole 12 bolts. Pulled it out in about 30 minutes, and only took that long because an 11 year old was doing much of the wrenching.

      Third picture is of the car after the fact back on the rotisserie.

      Name:  DSC03193s.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  435.8 KB

      Name:  DSC03198s.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  439.9 KB

      Name:  DSC03221s.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  139.9 KB
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    18. #98
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      dallas, tx
      Posts
      1,731
      Country Flag: United States
      looking good. I should start to go back on my car hardcore the end of next month Bonus money should start coming in.

    19. #99
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Plano, Texas
      Posts
      355
      Country Flag: United States

      Not much progress this week

      Some shuffling at the shop to try to keep all the hands busy... resulted in not much progress this week on my car. Pictures from last Saturday. Final primer is done. I cleaned out my garage and took a bunch of loose parts home that they did not need for fitment any longer. Bottom, inside and jambs should be painted next week.

      Name:  DSC03446s.jpg
Views: 1648
Size:  265.2 KB
      Name:  DSC03447s.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  207.6 KB
      Name:  P82A04481s.jpg
Views: 1619
Size:  169.1 KB
      Name:  DSC03430s.jpg
Views: 1625
Size:  146.5 KB
      Name:  DSC03454s.jpg
Views: 1666
Size:  210.0 KB
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

    20. #100
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Apex, NC
      Posts
      1,020
      Country Flag: United States

    Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com