Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      Tom - it was nice seeing you at DSE again.

Forgot to ask - are you guys going to SEMA?

I know you mentioned you might be going to Scottsdale.
      Nice seeing you too. That SS of yours is awesome!

Not making SEMA this year due to Sam's graduation from Army Airborne school and Scottsdale is probably not happening. We had kicked around taking the wagon out for Sam to run, but it just doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money when we should be working on all our other projects. Of course, if someone offers enough cash for us to haul their car out it could easily change our minds... What a sickness we have!

Well Tom, long time no chat. As I now work for the Midas in Plainfield, swing by and say hi. I work Tuesday through Saturday most weeks. Sometimes I take thursdays or Saturdays off but hey driving 84 miles to work each day is so much fun.
      So maybe some directions to the fun house one of these days. So who actually built your building, so when I finally get a chance to build I dont use same fellow.
      As I see some 4dr projects maybe I can show off MY 4 dr project soon.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Here's the long overdue update on the shop. We've definitely kept plugging away but once the outside was sealed up and it became more usable working on projects took priority.

Back in January we hooked up the wood stove. It worked pretty well, but when the temps were in the single digits and the ceiling wasn't complete it was hard to feel the positive effects of anything from more than 10' away.

Double wall stainless chimney pipe isn't cheap!

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

The biggest thing that has happened is the finishing of the metal ceiling in the main shop area and the lights. We went with the T5HO six lamp fluorescent fixtures. I found a place on ebay that would sell the American made fixtures for $92 each including freight. Lots of money, but the lighting is amazing so I will say that it was money well spent. I hope it's not necessary next winter, but they function well even below 0*.

The lights in the "machine" area are just porcelain fixtures with 100w incadecent bulbs. Now that we have "real" light in the rest of the shop these will have to go and be replaced with four 4 bulb T5HO fixtures.

Tom,

Put an access door into the top barrel, add some racks, and start making BBQ!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Now you're talking! We were planning on a small rack on top to heat up lunch, but with the house so close it will have to go lower on the project list.

The shop looks great, nice and bright! That ceiling must have made such a differance in there. Are they steel panels or aluminum? You guys have a beautiful setup.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Love the ceiling Tom! And I'm way jealous of the lighting as well. I am almost constantly fighting with light when working on things in my shop now, really need to do something better.

You need some insulation on those walls now!
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I've got a 40 x 30 shop going up this summer. I'll be incorporating some of these ideas myself.

One thing one fellow told me was to put lights on the walls, about 5 feet up. I'll be looking at some of the LED lights when I get to that spot.

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      I've got a 40 x 30 shop going up this summer. I'll be incorporating some of these ideas myself.

One thing one fellow told me was to put lights on the walls, about 5 feet up. I'll be looking at some of the LED lights when I get to that spot.

jp
      John, your in Florida too, take advantage of the sun! I have "skylights" that work incredibly well. I don't care for lights on the walls, they always get hit or broken. I like to "ring" the perimeter of the work areas with lower mounted lights and use taller ones where ever a vehicle will be lifted. BTW, the ceiling fans do a good job of moving some air in the front of the building. Low ceilings are great for heating, but you'll die here in Florida. 20' plus to get the heat up and I use a big exhaust fan in the eve to pull it out.

Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

I'm using the sun! I've got 5 KW of photovoltaic cells going on the roof. My plans include 12' ceilings and air conditioning, with insulated concrete block construction. I'm just too old to handle the summer heat here in the Sunshine State.

I do like your low-hanging lights suspended from the ceiling.

I've also got an additional 30 x 40 concrete pad for trailer parking and the like. Anybody know anything about putting an awning over that? Something rated for hurricane-force winds?

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Hey Tom,
      I was looking at your other thread and it reminded me of this one. Anything else to show on your shop? Man, I wish it was mine!

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Hey Tom,
      I was looking at your other thread and it reminded me of this one. Anything else to show on your shop? Man, I wish it was mine!
      Not too much more to report but I did just buy the florescent lights for the paint room and the machine area. The porcelain fixtures we put up just don't provide enough light. We really need to hustle on getting the main area insulated before winter. Lots of work to be done on the shop and cars while the snow flies.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com