Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      ma.
      Posts
      386
      Country Flag: United States

      4l60e ticking noise with speed problem?

      I have a 4l60e in my ls1 Camaro that I just got going and there is a ticking/clicking noise coming from the trans that increases and decreases with speed it also clunks when downshifting back to 1st.
      I checked the driveshaft for rubbing but its clear, all u joints and driveshaft are new.
      I have never herd anything like it nor has my tunner that is great with ls1 f bodys.. what is it and where is it coming from?



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      Put the rear axle on jackstands, put the shifter in D and rotate the drive wheel by hand to isolate the noise. Engine off.
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      ma.
      Posts
      386
      Country Flag: United States
      I did it a few times trying to locate the noise.
      It makes it only in gear with the tires off the ground with the trans turing slow or decelerating. thought it was my front u joint but its new and fine, the noise is coming from the trans tailhousing.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      ma.
      Posts
      386
      Country Flag: United States
      Im getting some movement in the output shaft. must be the rear bearings.
      Can I change them without removing the trans?




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com