Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 42

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Stovebolter View Post
      Thank you. Yes I have the complete True Turn system including a-arms and spindle with TQ series Air Coil-overs. With the front air coil-over set with a suggested 12.75" between eye to stud mount at ride height, my car is 24 1/4" from floor to body line in center if wheel opening. I haven't aligned it yet. I used the shims that were on the a-arms with the OEM set up which I'm sure is close to factory spec. The car handled well before the mods. I'm using an 18x9.5 wheel with a 5.75" bs with 275/35/18 BFG's. I'm glad I went with 9.5's. I don't think I would have been happy with 10's. Would've been too close with my car. Just saying. I'm running a bone stock F-body front frame. No mods except cutting out spring pockets for bag clearance. Stock body bushings. I can turn lock to lock with out rub but it is close. I took it for a test run and I did run it hard through the corners. No issues. I feel much of that is less suspension travel needed in this system when compared to my stock spongy system. I left the valving at factory shipped settings and I can feel the firmness in this suspension. Very impressed. I did quite a bit of modding on the inner fenders for clearance. I had to remove the top most and bottom rear inner fender bolts. The tires rubbed in these areas. Wish I could get some pictures of them but alas, I have the car set-up on make shift stands to emulate the car at ride height at this time. I don't want to change a thing until I have the entire toque arm/watts link suspension built and installed. I have everything just 'right' at this time. I believe the Pozzi's had some suggestions for alignment specs somewhere in the True Turn thread. Where is it rubbing? During suspension compression? Or at normal ride height while in motion?

      David
      awesome David! sounds like its coming along great!



      David Pozzi has great alignment tips for the tru-turn system he worked with a similar system for years and it ran many large tracks all over the US and many years of One lap races in the ONE LAP CAMARO, before that geometry was packaged in a sell-able kit for the public, I ran similar system for 3 years (I built myself from that early geometry) before ridetech put it together in a easy kit that just bolts on, before that we were building our own center links and cutting and welding steering arms and adding bumpsteer heim kits from mustangs to get the same results





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com