Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 42

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Harrison, AR
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by glr0212 View Post
      David,

      Excellent work. Love the wheels.

      Any chance you can give out some details on your front setup?

      Do you have a full ridetech setup? Arms, and spindle?

      What is your ride height measured to the front fender lip?

      Any idea what the alignment specs are?

      Also, backspacing on.the front wheels? Tire size?

      Can you turn the wheel full lock without the tire hitting the fender?

      Any info you have would be helpful. Im struggling to make my tru turn work. I have a full setup with the vette brakes like yours.
      Thank you. Yes I have the complete True Turn system including a-arms and spindle with TQ series Air Coil-overs. With the front air coil-over set with a suggested 12.75" between eye to stud mount at ride height, my car is 24 1/4" from floor to body line in center if wheel opening. I haven't aligned it yet. I used the shims that were on the a-arms with the OEM set up which I'm sure is close to factory spec. The car handled well before the mods. I'm using an 18x9.5 wheel with a 5.75" bs with 275/35/18 BFG's. I'm glad I went with 9.5's. I don't think I would have been happy with 10's. Would've been too close with my car. Just saying. I'm running a bone stock F-body front frame. No mods except cutting out spring pockets for bag clearance. Stock body bushings. I can turn lock to lock with out rub but it is close. I took it for a test run and I did run it hard through the corners. No issues. I feel much of that is less suspension travel needed in this system when compared to my stock spongy system. I left the valving at factory shipped settings and I can feel the firmness in this suspension. Very impressed. I did quite a bit of modding on the inner fenders for clearance. I had to remove the top most and bottom rear inner fender bolts. The tires rubbed in these areas. Wish I could get some pictures of them but alas, I have the car set-up on make shift stands to emulate the car at ride height at this time. I don't want to change a thing until I have the entire toque arm/watts link suspension built and installed. I have everything just 'right' at this time. I believe the Pozzi's had some suggestions for alignment specs somewhere in the True Turn thread. Where is it rubbing? During suspension compression? Or at normal ride height while in motion?



      David
      David G





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com