PDA

View Full Version : C5/6 ball joint specs?

Eric Howell
05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any measurements of stock C5 or C6 ball joints, both upper and lower, or whatever you have. Need to figure out where the actual pivot points actually are. Have the specs from a stock C6 but not sure what the alignment was so spindle height would be off due to caster/ camber.

If you have a cutaway or CAD drawling with measurements spec'd it would be very appreciated. Really don't want to buy parts just to cut them apart, on a budget.

Any suggestions on measuring without cutting or guessing?

David Pozzi
05-22-2012, 07:56 PM
C6 LBJ center of pivot is the middle of the A arm flange. To find center of pivot push the stud to the left, place a ruler on the stud centerline & draw a line in the approximate pivot point. Push stud to the other side & repeat. "X" marks the spot!

silver69camaro
05-25-2012, 09:50 AM
According to GM's drawings, the UCA stud centerline is 2.9" from the tip of the stud. For the lower, the measurement is 3.450".

Eric Howell
05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
C6 LBJ center of pivot is the middle of the A arm flange. To find center of pivot push the stud to the left, place a ruler on the stud centerline & draw a line in the approximate pivot point. Push stud to the other side & repeat. "X" marks the spot!
Thanks David. That was my next course of action if no one had exact measurements.

According to GM's drawings, the UCA stud centerline is 2.9" from the tip of the stud. For the lower, the measurement is 3.450".
Matt to the rescue again! Sometimes I think I should just pm the C6 questions to you. Thank you once again.

keithq69
05-27-2012, 07:50 PM
So if I measure the distance between the balljoint studs when assembled and add 6.350" that will give me the pivot to pivot?

Would you have the upper control arm pivot dimensions by any chance? I'm having a hard time finding them.

Thanks

Keith.