PDA

View Full Version : Frame Fitment Question

Protour_Pinto
04-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Are all the G body Frames the same?

Reason Im asking, I want to build another car but cant afford to dump a lot of money in a project right now but I can take advantage of my local pick a parts half price days and start building another car one part at a time.

There are a lot of G bodys in the parts yards with good solid frames to be had. My plan is a 78-80 Monte Carlo but if I cant find one of those Can I use a Malibu, Pontiac or Olds of the same years and have it still slide under the Monte?

Randy67
04-10-2012, 05:19 AM
The Regal, Cutlass and Grand Prix frames will interchange, as long as they are two door as well. Not sure on the 4-door, but El Camino and wagon frames have a longer wheelbase and thus won't work.

Protour_Pinto
04-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Thanks Randy.

SRD art
04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Only Elky's have extended wheelbase as far as what I've researched. Wagons have slightly different rear frame rails because the gas tank was re-designed to allow a spare tire well next to it. My understanding is that a 4 doorsand 2 doors have the same frame.

To answer your question, all 2 doors should be the same platform... I think. You can google it or maybe check gbodyforum.com or gbodycentral.com

Either way I don't thingk a G-body frame will fit under a Pinto. ;)

Protour_Pinto
04-10-2012, 11:57 AM
To answer your question, all 2 doors should be the same platform... I think. You can google it or maybe check gbodyforum.com or gbodycentral.com

Either way I don't thingk a G-body frame will fit under a Pinto. ;)

Thanks. I have a post over on the Gbody fourm.

This is going to be a 78-80 Monte, I already did a couple Pintos, Want to get back to my high school days with this one.

500 caddy, Muncie 4speed, a bit of setback and big sticky tires