PDA

View Full Version : cheap rear disc setup for cheby

rodknocker
06-20-2005, 01:43 PM
has anyone seen the set-up that asphalt/ dirt track guys run for their rear brakes? I was clued in a couple days ago and apparently a complete rear disc set-up for a 10 bolt, 12 bolt or nine inch ford can be had for less than 200.00. I was very skeptical and had to go look for myself. It is very trick and track proven. I'm gonna give it a shot and see how they work. the only down side I see is that they use a multi-fit " hat" that the rotor is bolted to, to save weight. Everyhing else is pretty much standard. The caliper brackets are weld-on for the older GM caliper or the newer metric caliper. If anyone would like more info. gimme a buzz and I can hook you up with more info., and some contact numbers.........

chufham
06-20-2005, 02:45 PM
How does it work? I'm definitely interested.

Thanks,Clifford

rodknocker
06-20-2005, 03:34 PM
all my buddies race dirt track and they swear by them, the only parts they use that are " custom" are the rotors. They are readily available and pretty cheap, 27.00 each. You would think that as hard as dirt cars use their brakes, and as fast as they go (100+mph) they have got to be good. What I like is the setup is very light-weight. I will also be using dual wilwood master cylinders on my project GTO......I'll let ya'll know how it comes out. I have driven several cars with this brake system on dirt tracks, and from 90 up they wil stop on a dime, don't see why they wouldn't work for any other application...........don't know about the DOT approval thing though......